Windows 7 Logitech QuickCam Orbit MP and Windows 7 x64 issue

auutumn

I have Windows 7 x64 installed (the retail version) and when I plug in my webcam, it downloads and installs some drivers which works fine. However, when I try installing any version of the QuickCam sofwtare, I get a messgae about incompatability and the installation aborts. I've tried the following: qc1051enu_x64, qc1110_x64, and lws100.

I've sent an email to Logitech so in the mean time, does anyone know of a work-around and/or the right software I should use?

Logitech's workaround is to buy a new camera. The camera that works fine in 64bit Vista won't work in 6bit Win7, and Logitech isn't going to support it. To quote Logitech.."I'm sorry but this camera will not be supported under Windows 7."
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Sigh, suddenly Win7 got more expensive. :) Now to find a new camera. I'd rather not give Logitech my business since I can't trust them to support the Orbit AF in the next OS....but I really like my Orbit MP, so I have a feeling I'll break down and get an AF.

Sigh...I was oping for a different answer but I'm not surprised. Perhaps if enough people make a request for its support...or am I still dreaming? :) I checked out the latest webcam from Microsoft, the Lifecam Cinema:
Link Removed due to 404 Error No gurentees that it'll be compatable with their next OS but can it hurt.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of thing someone independantly does a hack-job on down the road, I would think (and this is just a guess, I'm not a programmer) that there isn't a big leap going from vista to win7. But I won't wait to see if one shows up. Oh well, my sis was asking if I had an old cam to give her and she's still using XP, so I guess she gets the MP now.

The fix

I just watched the video and in my case i had 2 use the pro64 and not the pro364 folder.

but thank u oh so much for the help!

I finally Successfully installed the Logitech Quickcam Orbit/Sphere. I uploaded a .zip with drivers for Win7 x64.
First Install Driver Package, then install the logitech software. When You install the software it says that webcam is not compatible. Just Hit Ignore and go on with the installation. When Installer is ended you should get back motion detection in the panel settings of the webcam. Check file on virustotal if you wanna be sure it isn't a malware :)
In the packate there's Logitech QuickCam 1.10.1113.0 and the driver 11.0.0.1217.
Hope this will be useful for you and others!
Link Removed due to 404 Error
Link Removed - Invalid URL (Download Limited to 10 Times...) Who needs, can repost it :)

Back