Windows 7 Looking for a scripting tool

KCav

Can someone recommend a scripting tool that would allow repetitive tasks to be automated. For instance, everyday I run Malwarebytes manually and I update and run SUPERAntiSpyware twice a week. I would like to make a script file that would perform these tasks automatically. I have in mind a tool that opens a file and records my manual keystrokes. Then allows me to edit the file and add confirmations, timeouts, and logic.

KCav

Have you considered using Task Scheduler?

Wiki-link- Windows Task Scheduler
Task Scheduler (control.exe schedtasks) is a component of Microsoft Windows that provides the ability to schedule the launch of programs or scripts at pre-defined times or after specified time intervals. It was first introduced in the Windows 95 Plus! pack as System Agent[1] but was renamed to Task Scheduler in Windows 98. The Windows Event Log service must be running before the Task Scheduler starts up.

Other links of interest:
How to Use the Windows 7 Task Scheduler - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Link Removed - Invalid URL is a real nice program that anti-virii won't consider a virus. Keyloggers will be by most Virus programs. It will open applications and send key strokes or mouse clicks to them

Back