Windows 7 Looking for a Simple News Reader for Windows 7

zipp

Hi, I just got my first Windows 7 PC then down loaded Windows Live hoping to find a simple news reader. I really don't want to learn Live right now. Where can I find a simple news reader to replace Outlook Express.

Thanks

Thanks Kemical that link will help. I'm using firefox3.6 for my browser I wonder if it has a news reader built in? I checked help but couldn't find it.
I made to mistake of d/l MS Live! thinking it would be easy to read. Walk about blout ware.

Maybe this might help further?

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Firefox doesn't have a built in newsreader but if you want one from Mozilla, it's called Thunderbird. It's ok.

I too prefer Outlook Express over any other mail reader, regardless of it's fallbacks. If you know the work arounds, OE is just as capable as any other reader. But unfortunately, OE will not work under Windows 7. But Windows Mail will. If you have access to a Vista computer, you can copy the complete content (all files and folders) inside %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Windows Mail\ folder in Windows Vista, and overwrite or replace the same folder on Windows 7.

Windows Mail is OE rebranded for Vista. This is not Windows Live Mail.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I d/l Windows Live mail reader. What a POS the d/l took a long time and several minutes to install.
After opening it I couldn't find the Mail\NEWS Reader. I'll check it again.

Making some progress with Live! Just setup my verizon email account. I check to see if Express Assist will import my OE data from OE 2003.

I use Livemail for my emails and have always liked it although I've not tried the news facility so please let us know how you go on.. :)

Live!Mail seems to be similar to OE. Haven't found the news reader yet.

If you checkout my screenshot I've highlighted with an arrow where newsgroups can be found in 'livemail'.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back
Top Bottom