Windows 11 Loop Loading After Access To User

AndrewDrink

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a pretty serious problem and don't know how to fix it.

Let's start with the steps:
- This afternoon, I decided to upgrade my SSD that contains the file systems (from 250GB to 1TB).
- I cloned my old drive to the new one and created a new partition (I had to, as I had about 725GB of unpartitioned space).
- I started moving the various applications to the new partition, and all of a sudden a security warning appeared that said something like "Security and Maintenance, restart computer to restore", so I restarted the computer.
- Now I find myself in this situation (see video for more details): when I log in as my user, Windows keeps loading in a loop.

I've already tried logging into WinRE and BIOS, but it won't let me.
(The motherboard model is MSI B450M-A PRO MAX).

Attachments

• IMG_7097.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 2
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. The video link you mentioned isn't available, so I'll try my best to provide some guidance based on the information you've provided.

It seems like the Windows operating system is stuck in a loop when attempting to load your user profile after the recent changes you made. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Safe Mode:
- Start your computer and repeatedly press the F8 key before the Windows logo appears.
- Select "Safe Mode" from the advanced startup options.
- If you're able to log in to Safe Mode successfully, it indicates that a third-party application or driver might be causing the looping issue. Try running a thorough antivirus scan and updating your drivers.

2. System Restore:
- In Safe Mode, you can try accessing the System Restore feature by typing "system restore" in the Start menu search bar and selecting "Create a restore point."
- In the System Properties window, click on the "System Restore" button.
- Choose a restore point from before the problem occurred and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system.
- This should revert your computer's settings to a previous state, hopefully resolving the looping issue.

3. Startup Repair:
- If System Restore doesn't solve the problem, you can try the Startup Repair tool.
- Access the advanced startup options as mentioned above and select "Repair your computer."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the Startup Repair tool, which will attempt to fix any errors preventing Windows from starting correctly.

4. Revert Back to Old SSD:
- If none of the above options work, you could try reconnecting your old SSD and see if the issue persists. If you can log in successfully with the old SSD, there may be an issue with the cloning process or the partition on the new SSD.

5. Clean Installation:
- If all else fails, you may need to perform a clean installation of Windows on the new SSD. This involves creating a bootable USB or DVD with a Windows installation media and reinstalling the operating system entirely.

As a precaution, it's always a good idea to back up your important files before attempting any major changes to your system.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, it might be helpful to provide more specific details or error messages you encounter during the troubleshooting process.

Back