Windows 7 Losing my mind over this! STOP: 0x00000116 atikmpag.sys

Bastrios

I'm new here so sorry if there's information I leave out. The title basically describes the issue I'm having. Every single blue screen that has happened this past week and a half have been STOP: 0x00000116 atikmpag.sys.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows the game League of Legends. Well I'm addicted to that game and was able to play it for hours straight with no lag, issues or anything on the highest settings. Well one day, after playing several games already, I started a new game and roughly 10 minutes into the game my display froze, so did my mouse, the signal that my monitor was falling asleep came up then the BSOD appeared. I thought at first it was a glitch so I tried again and the same BSOD appeared again roughly 10 minutes into the same game. Well I went to bed, woke up the next morning, turned on my computer and tried playing League of Legends, same thing happened. Contacted a friend and he suggested I run MSI Afterburner, GPU-z, and CoreTemp. I ran all three of these at once and fired up Mass Effect 3. I was able to play an entire match with no problem at all. Once the match was over I closed Mass Effect 3 and my GPU temperature never went above 65C and my CPU never went past 50C on high graphics with lots of explosions. I thought the problem had gone away so I started up League of Legends and again the BSOD came up. Researched into this issue and unfortunately this BSOD can be caused by lots of things, drivers, faulty GPU, faulty ram, bad motherboard, bad PSU. I've tried uninstalling drivers through (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > AMD Install Manager), then rebooting my PC and re installing the drivers. Well for some reason the Catalyst was showing that it wasn't even making an effort to re install the display driver so I did a fresh re install of Windows. Well some how my computer became extremely slow after doing this so I did a format of my hard drive, which in return made my computer fast once again, but it didn't get rid of the BSOD. I've tried both the 12.4 and 12.6 Beta Catalyst drivers and they didn't help at all. I've tried uninstalling drivers, booting into safe mode then running driver sweeper to remove all the display drivers, then booting into normal mode and re installing fresh drivers. I installed and started up Diablo 3 (which I just bought the day before), and before even making a character I got the same BSOD. I started it again and I was able to play 10-20 minutes before getting the BSOD again.

Today I removed one stick of ram and started up Diablo 3 and was able to play for a surprisingly long time before getting the BSOD. So I switched out the ram sticks in the same slot and my computer wouldn't even start up. So I switched the sticks but in a different ram slot and once again got the BSOD, so I switched the sticks again in the different slot and my computer was able to start up and same thing, BSOD while playing Diablo. I removed my graphics card, tried running onboard graphics and when I started up Diablo, I clicked launch on the launcher and nothing came up on my screen but it showed Diablo was running. This friday I'm hopefully purchasing some new Corsair Vengeance 8GB Ram.

My current spec's are:
XFX Radeon HD 6850 1GB Black Edition
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz Black Edition
G.SKILL Ripjaw 4GB (2x2) Ram
Corsair 750W PSU
Asus M4A89GTD Pro Motherboard

I'm losing my mind over this and it seems like no matter what I do it's not fixing the issue. Please somebody help me! :(

Last edited:
Last edited:
I tried as follows in the link you provided me on how to enable/disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome and the three things it tells me to look for after typing in 'about:flags' don't show up for me. I disabled HA in Flash and before I even selected my character in Diablo 3 my display froze, bright blue screen came up, monitor going to sleep warning then the BSOD. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom