Windows 10 Lost a bunch of drivers upgrading to Windows 10

Hi there,

I just upgraded my Lenovo G50-45 to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1 (64-bit). I previously did a clean install of 8.1 and manually installed the drivers from the Lenovo site, now finding that I lost many of the drivers after upgrading to Windows 10 (and they don't show up as yellow exclamation marks in the Device Manager). Not able to find Hardware Ids. These are the following I lost from the update:

1. Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio
2. Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64)
3. AMD Quick Stream

Are there drivers that replace these three?

Any information would be appreciated!

Hi kemical,

Haha thank you so much for pointing that out. I don't know why it didn't cross my mind, as I was on that exact page to download the Windows 8.1 drivers lol.

So is it safe to say that if the manufacturer of the laptop does not have a driver available, then the laptop is not compatible with a different version of Windows?

Thanks for the quick reply!

So is it safe to say that if the manufacturer of the laptop does not have a driver available, then the laptop is not compatible with a different version of Windows?
Hi Keith!
Usually but I can see you have Windows 10 drivers available so shouldn't be an issue.

Hi Keith!
Usually but I can see you have Windows 10 drivers available so shouldn't be an issue.
Hi Kemical. I found that also, if the drivers get killed in that upgrade driveby, (in upgrading from build to build), reinstalling drivers will fix the issues.

I use the pro version of Driver Easy at : Driver Easy Free – 3,000,000+ Users Trusted Driver Updater this app finds all the drivers. My original drivers are from MSI as an example but Driver Easy finds those hardware vendors and gives you a detailed update on newer drivers. this includes System drivers for the CPU, System Buses, I/O drivers the whole enchilada! the free version takes forever to download and install updates for drivers!

I highly suggest going to the driver easy link and purchase the professional version. Here. I opened mine and show you what the interface looks like

yc0Cpgl.png

Back
Top Bottom