Windows 7 Lost contents of "All Programs" on start menu

zetaprime

Did anyone else lose the contents of All Programs on the Start Menu after upgrading to 7077? The menu is blank, but if I right click on "all programs" and select Open I can see all my programs. They just don't show on the menu. I upgraded from the official beta 1 build 7000 (x86).

This works!

1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Right Click on “All Programsâ€Â￾.
3. Select “Open All usersâ€Â￾
4. Open the Programs Folder.
5. Create a new folder named “Aâ€Â￾.
6. Drag all the other folders into the A folder.
7. Close Windows Explorer.

You’re done. When you click on “All Programsâ€Â￾ you’ll see a limited number of Program Items. If you click on the A folder, you see all of your Programs. NOTE: In this folder the folders follow single shortcut items.

This works!

1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Right Click on “All Programsâ€Â￾.
3. Select “Open All usersâ€Â￾
4. Open the Programs Folder.
5. Create a new folder named “Aâ€Â￾.
6. Drag all the other folders into the A folder.
7. Close Windows Explorer.

You’re done. When you click on “All Programsâ€Â￾ you’ll see a limited number of Program Items. If you click on the A folder, you see all of your Programs. NOTE: In this folder the folders follow single shortcut items.

Thank you! That does indeed work!

Missing Programs List

I installed win7 build 7100 two days ago and have also lost the program menu display from the start menu. I will use the fix mentioned but gather this may be a problem which needs attending to

All Programs blank

I used the fix posted by added "A". Mine worked for an hour or two and is now blank again. Any insight>?

Back