Windows 7 Lower Bass Logictech speakers with windows 7

Tonyefs

I was hoping someone could help me i have a HP G60 laptop and i have connected speakers via the headphone jack i have Logictech 5.1 the speakers are amazing however whatever i do i cant seem to lower the BASS its too BASSY i have tried control panel unticked the bass section and nothing also i dont know what sound card i have can someone please help me?

Speakers are Logictech 530X
Laptop is hp g60 530us
Windows 7

Probably the speakers are more than your computer can provide. Not sure if the headphone jack supports 5.1, but I doubt it.

Try the audio drivers provider. Not knowing your system, I can't give precise instructions. It should be somewhere like "Show hidden icons" in the taskbar, probably Realtek or other Audio Manager - right click that, open the Sound Manger, it should all be there. I have Logitech 5.1, and I have complete control of each speaker - not to forget that most material today doesn't reach to 5.1.

Hope you get it running.

Thank you for the reply, its all works and i can hear sound through all of my speakers, its just whatever i do the subwoofer is too loud here is the back of the subwoofer its also the amp and has a very simple rubbish bass controller on it.. ive tried all control panels options i can even think of :( i dont think i have Realtek installed on my laptop im not sure though
painelwo9.jpg

It may be a situation of SOL, due to the limitations of the laptop and speaker system and also that there is no driver/software for your 5.1 system. This is a common problem with low end electronics. To have devices with software and hardware control, you'll have to fork out some more money for the higher end hardware.

Thanks for the reply so is there anything you could suggest that i do? besides upgrading my sounds or is that my only option? i thought it could be fixed by simply adjusting some settings which i dont know about, it's so frustrating as everything is working fine

That's the problem...there are no settings to adjust do to the lack of software.

Hold the phone...what is your sound driver brand? On my laptop it's realtek and with in the realtek software there are some speaker configuration settings...stero -dual speakers, quadraphonic, 5.1 and 7.1. I think that's just to allow for the type of speaker setup....I don't see any settings to change the volume on individual speakers, but I'm only running the stock speaker of the laptop. Maybe if I had a 5.1 setup like you and Pauli has I might be able to see the settings.

Ok so i managed to find out what the sound card is its Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio Driver if that makes any sense.
Laptop is: HP G60-530US Notebook PC

The points were made of you running a Stereo signal into a 5.1 audio system. If you are getting sound from all of your speakers, you are running sounds through them which were not meant to be reproduced in such a manner.

So to start, I would look at Bassfisher's comments about setting your system to the correct speaker configuration, either through the speaker configuration in Windows or a separate audio mixer. Set it to stereo and see what it does and if that works OK, see if there is a way to simulate 5.1 sound from the system.

I actually just got that system from my primary computer, running as 5.1, and had to increase the bass component.

Excuse me for interrupting your speakers conversation. Since I got my pc with Bose speakers(2 years) whenever something nudges the wire or jack it gives off a static sound. When I twist the jack or push it a bit it settles down. Could there be a problem with the motherboard.
Thank you
Peter

Try using a media player with built-in audio enhancement like equalizer which will give more control of the sound output.

Sent from my iPad using WindowsForum

@Tonyefs: So you got it playing well? Known for not knowing enough [ever], an even modest report would be welcome. :)

@Peterr: It could be a mechanical thing, i.e. loose connection in plug, or bad wire, any "bad contact". It could be as simple as dirt in the plug, but if it's happened since the beginning, that sounds unlikely. Is your computer / power outlet properly grounded?

I don't think it's a motherboard issue, unless the plug is loose. What you tell clearly indicates a need for physical contact or, at least, nearness. Dogs and cats etc. can create a massive amount of static electricity, not needing to be in true contact with the apparatus, but still causing "trouble". Also, a matter could be your carpets, they can provide to this point of view. You need to have your computer "isolated".

Best wishes.

Yes i got it running now, somehow but to be honest i dont even know how i did it myself :) was with help from you guys and some pot luck

@Tonyefs: So you got it playing well? Known for not knowing enough [ever], an even modest report would be welcome. :)

@Peterr: It could be a mechanical thing, i.e. loose connection in plug, or bad wire, any "bad contact". It could be as simple as dirt in the plug, but if it's happened since the beginning, that sounds unlikely. Is your computer / power outlet properly grounded?

I don't think it's a motherboard issue, unless the plug is loose. What you tell clearly indicates a need for physical contact or, at least, nearness. Dogs and cats etc. can create a massive amount of static electricity, not needing to be in true contact with the apparatus, but still causing "trouble". Also, a matter could be your carpets, they can provide to this point of view. You need to have your computer "isolated".

Best wishes.
@ Pauli >>Sorry, I do not wish to comingle my report with the thread. B/c it never happens unless I touch it, which is rarely, I will try to over look it. It seems not to have done harm. There is no other receptacle near it. I have no pets but have a carpet. I don't know how to test for ground. Thank you and my reply was only to thank you for your advice.
Peter

Excuse me for interrupting your speakers conversation. Since I got my pc with Bose speakers(2 years) whenever something nudges the wire or jack it gives off a static sound. When I twist the jack or push it a bit it settles down. Could there be a problem with the motherboard.
Thank you
Peter

dont worry about the static, it does that on all the speakers i know of

Back