Windows 11 Major Wifi Issues

Androlyn

Just updated from Windows 10. WiFi works from home but I am unable to connect to a public wifi or personal hotspot. I have tried every troubleshooting guide i can find but the issue persists. In the network & settings section I have the following error:
No Internet access: your device can only access other devices on your local network.

I have googled that exact sentence but nothing shows. I have also tried to turn off firewall and security but it doesn't help.

Anyone have the same issues?

Many public networks will use your MAC address to allow access. Make sure 'use random hardware addresses' is off in Settings > Network > Wi-Fi

Yes that's set to off.

Now my internet is not working at all nor showing in settings.
This is the 2nd time this has happened in a week of installation - I have to do a system restore to fix.

Could the problem be arising by using a VPN? Out of the changes between Windows 10 & 11 - I noticed the VPN settings have been included. I am using Surfshark - could this be causing the conflict?

Yes that's set to off.

Now my internet is not working at all nor showing in settings.
This is the 2nd time this has happened in a week of installation - I have to do a system restore to fix.

Could the problem be arising by using a VPN? Out of the changes between Windows 10 & 11 - I noticed the VPN settings have been included. I am using Surfshark - could this be causing the conflict?
I use Zen Mate and this VPN also turned off my Internet access.

Back