Windows 10 McAfee Shreading Tool

rjlocal22

Hello all,
I have used this tool before with no problems. But my last attempt ended in failure as most of my documents were shreaded and not recoverable.
But I have a backup and was able to restore most of the files. The problem is some of the files were new and were not on my most recent backup.
The only thing I have on these missing files is a letter size paper copy.
So my question is: Can I use my printer to send a copy to my documents folder? I have an Epson 4550 printer and I have never attempted to see if this would work.
Your thoughts or solution?

This post doesn't make a lot of sense. The whole purpose of the shredding tool is to delete and make your files unrecoverable, so it's working as intended.

If you have a paper copy and the printer has a scan function you can most definitely scan them in as an image but not as an editable document. You could take the scanned image and use Google Docs to create an editable document though.

I had already spoke with McAfee tech. I was careful and highlighted the file I wanted to shread. Now how most of my documents got picked, I have no guess. But then, I must have missed something on the instructions. In any event, I used my backup to restore most of the files. Upon checking the result, I found four missing files and was able to restore two of them by updating these files from the backup.
Now for the other two files, I will try your solution first orI will have to make a new files from the paper copies. This will take me about 45 minutes to an hour. I should have given more details in my post. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom