Windows 10 Media creation tool issues?

Jbar2016

So i am not new to uefi and have created bootable media in the past, so i need to download windows 10 32 bit, and no matter what i use i cannot get it to boot, i am using the tool to download the iso and even tried using it to create the usb, and it fails when making the usb bootable i think.
After that failed i tried many versions of rufus, diskpart, and even inetbootin whatever the tools called. All failed to boot, once in a while id get a secure boot error.

I took an old iso downloaded from the tool a few months ago, created the usb via rufus and it boots first try. Unfortunately that is a 64 bit version and i need 32 bit, is it possible to copy the efi folder to the 32 bit iso?

Yea, i tried rufus with the downloaded 32 bit iso, uefi would not recognise it as bootable

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

But it seems to only effect the most recent iso so i think it may be iso related.

I've had it happen, so downloaded the iso and rufus did the job. Isn't the iso but the tool when creating the USB filesystem.

So your saying the media creation tool did not download the iso properly, because i tried rufus many times with the iso created by m.c.t. and i could never get it to work until i used an older iso

Sorry, i should be more clear.

The iso downloaded from the m.c.t. will not boot when created via rufus, in any configuration.

When i use rufus with the newest downloaded iso the system does not boot from usb

When i use an old iso download via m.c.t. maybe 6 months ago, the system boots fine from usb, unfortunately it is 64bit

Since i need 32bit i need to download it, and since for some reason that iso wont boot, should i copy the efi folder to the 32bit, from the 64bit iso?

Yes i know, i have been on the line with ms techs for days now, and they never mentioned this site or even acknowledged that it could be the tool.

However, if you open that page after changing the user agent to Linux or android then you get download choices directly to the iso files.

Yes i did notice that the top d.l. was the same as the media creation tool, i was unsure of the second selectable iso, but i will change it to linux to get a direct iso.

So the techs tried the 1709 version of windows and that did not work either.

I am pretty sure the iso i have is the first feature update iso for windows 10 made by the tool probably last year sometime, the usb is created by any version of rufus.

I also tried in safe mode and with a fresh un updated windows 10

Ok, cool!

I have about 2 hrs before i can test it out. I will post as soon as i have an answer

Following that link will lead you to 32-bit Windows ISO.

Here is the proof (see image attached):

windows ISO.png

Hey, so i was able to download the 1803 iso, and it finally successfully completed.

The usb still wont boot, is it possible that the uefi systems i am trying to boot from only boot 64 bit?

Back