Windows 10 Media creation tool issues?

When creating the USB are you setting it to gpt and formatting it as fat large

When creating the USB are you setting it to gpt and formatting it as fat large
I am formatting it with rufus for gpt with uefi support and fat 32, the uefi boot isnt seeing the usb, i tried 3 times on 2 systems

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Hey, so i was able to download the 1803 iso, and it finally successfully completed.

The usb still wont boot, is it possible that the uefi systems i am trying to boot from only boot 64 bit?

It may be worth mentioning tweaking the BIOS settings to "Other OS" if its set to Windows 10 WHQL or Windows 10 NON-WHQL depending on the BIOS type. Are you also confident the USB thumb drive isn't.. hmm.. malfunctioning? I'm fairly confident based on what you've written that you've likely tried more than one, so this is very strange. If it were a widespread issue I am fairly confident it would be all over the place.

Also make sure everything is set to legacy compatibility instead of UEFI-only in the BIOS if you can.

I have not tweaked the bios yet thank you for mentioning!

Also i have tried with 3 seperate usb drives

I have tried 4 iso's only 1 will successfully boot

1803 32bit and 64bit created with m.c.t. and via rufus
1709 32bit downloaded by level 2 tech via rufus
creators update 64bit iso d.l. with m.c.t. - boots via rufus

I even restored my laptop to back when i created the bootable iso and the 1803 ver of m.c.t. still will not successfully create a bootable drive

I believe the 32bit will boot in legacy if i create an mbr boot disk but was really looking to get it working on uefi.

For a little more info, the systems i am using are:

The system i want 32 bit for is ann acer cloudbook 14 ao1431

The system i test and verify with is a lenovo ideapad 120s

Back
Top Bottom