Windows 7 Media Player and IE 64bit

AleXGanGSteR

Hi,

I've recently installed windows 7 Pro x64.
i've noticed that inspite me using a 64bit OS , Internet explorer and Media player are running the 32 bit version.
is there a way to change this? I also tried to pin the 64 bit versions onto the taskbar but I don't have the options that are available for the 32 bit version when pinned.
and the OS still associated files to the 32bit versions...

is there a way to fully change IE and MP to 64bit? and still have the full functions of the 32 bit? (like seeing the playlist when it's in the taskbar,seeing frequently used files or sites and etc.)
I hope that I managed to explain what I want to do.

thanks in advance.

In 'All Programs' there should be two shortcuts to IE, one which is labelled 'Internet Explorer (64-bit), this is the one you want. Bear in mind that Flash and Silverlight don't have 64bit versions available yet so Youtube etc will not work. You can create a shortcut on your desktop and when it asks for location enter - "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe". This will launch the 64bit version for you.

I don't use WMP but I found Link Removed due to 404 Error which shows how to force the use of 64bit WMP.

Hope that helped :)

first of all, thanks for the help.

but, i've already tried doing this. and also tried to follow this link :

doesn't work for some reason.

I have no idea why.

any ideas?

first of all, thanks for the help.

but, i've already tried doing this. and also tried to follow this link :

doesn't work for some reason.

I have no idea why.

any ideas?

I'm assuming that the IE shortcut worked, there is no reason why it shouldn't as it's a direct link to the 64bit version. The same could be applied to WMP 64bit by using - C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe.

Back