Windows 7 Media Player Nightmare

amcb10

Recently media player stopped playing any MP3 files although VLC could, just gave me an error. Now when Windows 7 boots i get an error message saying it isnt installed correctly. Upon using the link to fix this it says no downloads available and when i try to manually run it i get an error "Windows media player is not installed properly blah blah", does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Recently media player stopped playing any MP3 files although VLC could, just gave me an error. Now when Windows 7 boots i get an error message saying it isnt installed correctly. Upon using the link to fix this it says no downloads available and when i try to manually run it i get an error "Windows media player is not installed properly blah blah", does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

You could try removing it by going into 'Programs and Features' and then 'Turn Windows Features on or off'. It's listed under the media section. Once removed then reboot and go back to the same menu and enable it again.

For a quick fix that might work you could try to fix it by running 'sfc /scannow' from a command prompt ( Start > Accessories > Command Prompt ).

If that doesn't work you could attempt a repair by downloading the standalone installer from the MS website ( if available ).

Tried that and it didnt work. There does not seem to be a download for this either, thats lame.

Back