Memeo AutoBackup

I have been using Memeo AutoBackup with Vista (came with my Free Agent external HDD) without much issue. I didn't even think about it when switching to Win7. Now that I have, however, it won't run. Not much problem, just uninstall and use someting else, right? Well, the installer won't run either, stating that AutoBackup isn't deisgned for this version of Windows. I tried compability, but it still won't budge. Any ideas?

reghakr

Essential Member
You won't be able to restore that backup with out the original software.

For future use, you can get a very good backup program called Free Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Personal Edition

You have to provide your email and they will send you a registration key:

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't be able to restore that backup with out the original software.

For future use, you can get a very good backup program called Free Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Personal Edition

You have to provide your email and they will send you a registration key:
Yeah, I realize that I won't be able to restore the backup on this computer. I'm just trying to get the program out.

Probably not a huge deal, since I'll end up doing a clean install at some point in time...

reghakr

Essential Member
Sorry, but when you stated
Well, the installer won't run either,
I assummed you were trying to re-install

Actually a "clean" install is the only way to go.

Why not download it direectly from MS, this will then remove all the leftovers from the upgrade.

That's exactly why a 'clean" instll is the perferred method:)

Removing Memeo

I have been using Memeo AutoBackup with Vista (came with my Free Agent external HDD) without much issue. I didn't even think about it when switching to Win7. Now that I have, however, it won't run. Not much problem, just uninstall and use someting else, right? Well, the installer won't run either, stating that AutoBackup isn't deisgned for this version of Windows. I tried compability, but it still won't budge. Any ideas?
I have done all of this myself and had the same problem. I did an upgrade to Win7, I wanted to see how the upgrade behaved and know it is not the preferred method. When it became apparent that Memeo was not going to run, I began trying to uninstall and that is what I want to do. I was unsuccessful at uninstalling and so went to the registry and removed every reference to Memeo. Now every time I start windows, the Win installer begins with no reference to a particular program, eventually the installer just goes away. Its irritating and I have downloaded and run the win ofc installer cleanup, no effect.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.