Windows 10 Memory Maxes Out and System Reboots

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffff89042a8c58d0, ffff9b00fb6ad8f0, ffff89042a2d9a60}

Implicit thread is now ffff8904`4e8d47c0
   This is a bugcheck caused by a WDF driver timing out.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ocusbvid111.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ocusbvid111.sys
Probably caused by : ocusbvid111.sys

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
this is the last dump file from the collection that you sent and the only one to show any details regarding a driver. The others included 1A and 7e both of which can be caused by memory conflicts and/or drivers.

Check for system corruption first by running these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Drivers
Driver wise you don't look in bad shape and the above probable cause relates to a Oculus Rift? I checked your motherboard support page and under USB (you need to click 'see more downloads') there is a beta driver specifically for Oculus. It's slightly later than your version so why not give it a try?
X99-DELUXE Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS United Kingdom

Post any new dump files.

Excellent, thanks for checking into that! Oculus Rift (specifically it's USB driver) has been a system killer for me, about to unplug the thing and put it back in it's box :) I'll run the scans and update the driver and see what happens. Thanks again!

Thanks, I may have found the problem. I recently put my oculus rift up on a speaker to get it out of the way. I'm pretty sure my recent lock ups have happened while trying to listen to music because I remember thinking it was a google chrome audio issue or audio driver problem. I may be activating the oculus with my music vibrations and it's overloading everything :) I have moved the rift and will see if I bluescreen again.

oops

thanks!

Hello again, had bugcheck reboot today. This is the first since moving the oculus rift from the off the speaker so not sure if it's related or not.

thanks!

Attachments

• W7F_13-02-2018.zip
    702.7 KB · Views: 303
Code:

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8017d4d9ff5, ffffb58c33aa0608, ffffb58c33a9fe50}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
unfortunately I couldn't see a driver associated with the dump file although new hardware can set off the above bugcheck. I can tell by the Stack Text that the bsod seems to be related to a network issue.
If your using anything new which also connects to the internet then check for later drivers or remove to test. I did check your support page but it looks like the lan driver is an older version to yours but might still be worth trying if the bsod continues.
X99-DELUXE Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS United Kingdom

Run the Windows memory diagnostic:
How to run Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows

Also ensure your apps including browsers are the latest versions too.

If the bsod continues you could try running the driver verifier but let's see how you go first. Please post any new dump files, the more the better.

Thanks for checking that out. I have since noticed that windows is reporting 60gb of RAM while I have 64gb of RAM installed. Could a bad stick of RAM that needs replaced cause this? I'll run the windows memory diagnostic tool tonight.

Your system may be borrowing a bit but it depends on where your seeing this reported.

If you open the control panel and under System and Security look at the System page, you should see the correct amount of 64GB.

If it has a different amount showing then try reseating the RAM as well as testing.

If you feel there is an issue with the RAM then the industry standard is Memtest86. This is a free, open software application for testing RAM.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 10 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I'm seeing the incorrect amount of RAM in the system control panel. I'll start with reseating and see if it comes back up to the full amount. Will run memtest 86 overnight.

thanks!

Both memtest and windows memory diagnostics came back with no errors. My bios showed which stick was reporting 4GB instead of 8GB so i switched that module with another to test slot. Looks like they just need re-seated because now windows is showing 64GB. I did get another blue screen before re-seating the RAM though. Thought I would post and see if it said anything important.

Attachments

• W7F_07-03-2018.zip
    1 MB · Views: 246
Code:

BugCheck 50, {fffffffffffffffc, 0, fffff801b204e7f9, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi Rayray,

the above bugcheck can be caused by a number of issues with hardware faults ( usually RAM ) being one of them.

It's hardly surprising that you got this bugcheck before reseating the RAM so it's great to hear you now have them seated correctly.

Nice job!

Back