Windows 7 menu is not displaying...

bsakula

Hi All,
I am getting a new error. I loved windows 7 and I moved recently and suddenly from last 5 days. If I typed any program name like "notepad" or "cmd" or "regedit" in the search box. It is not coming or giving the respective program. Please help me.
Thank you.

Bhargava S Akula

Hello bsakula and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

Have you made any major changes to Windows 7? Did this just start happening randomly?

I'd suggest doing a system restore to a date before this problem began.. ;) If that doesn't work than let me know and we'll try something different.. :)

Hi Radenight,
I did all the things still I am facing the same now I am creating index again lets see how it will work. But some thing went fishy..
I haven't changed any things in system aspect suddenly it stopped that option. I worked around 4 days with out stopping the system is that an issue? reason I ran some program java program took 4 days to complete.
Bhargava.

No, keeping your system running for 4 days straight SHOULDN'T be the reason.. ;) Though stranger things have happened.. A program taking 4 days to install isn't right to begin with.. so I'm thinking something happened prior to you installing the java program.. ;)

Did you try doing a system restore? What are your system specs? Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7? Was this a clean install or upgrade?

there is no use of system restore. Some thing going wrong it seems. That a java program to keep check my servers status around 80 servers and databases and all. Its nothing else I kept just for 4 days to check the script.

Ok, so from you said, it sounds like it's the java app causing the problem.. So, maybe try uninstalling that app and see if it helps any.. If so, then you know what the problem is.. ;) I know alot of other people were having problems with Java on the 64-bit version as well. Many had to uninstall Java OR reinstall Windows..

Why is there no use of trying a system restore? If the problem just started happening than a system restore may fix it.. ;) Or at the very least it will point us in the right direction..

Back