Windows 10 Microphone won't function properly

Romchik9007

Hello all. I'v recently built a custom PC. Everything works as supposed to.
But the issue is, whenever I connect a headset, it doesn't let me utilise the headset's microphone.
I've made sure to download all the drivers. I plug in the headset into the "Headphone" port at the front, but the mic doesn't work.
I've tried using the Mic port instead, but still no luck.
Any ideas?

Does the headset use separate connectors or the headphones and mic or are they combined? Same with the plugin on the computer does the jack have both symbols or are they separate? You'll need to go like-to-like. Obviously replacing the motherboard or headset wouldn't be cost effective, so you should be able to buy a splitter or combiner to overcome the problem.

Does the headset use separate connectors or the headphones and mic or are they combined? Same with the plugin on the computer does the jack have both symbols or are they separate? You'll need to go like-to-like. Obviously replacing the motherboard or headset wouldn't be cost effective, so you should be able to buy a splitter or combiner to overcome the problem.
The headset doesn't use separate connectors. It's just one 3.5mm jack, for you to plug in. On the computer, there is a headphone jack, as well as a Mic jack next to it. The Model is "JBL E50BT"

Looks like the microphone only works via bluetooth. The 3.5mm is for input only.

Back