Windows 10 Microsoft delays Patch Tuesday updates due to "a last minute issue"

ragnarok1968

February 2017 security update release

Our top priority is to provide the best possible experience for customers in maintaining and protecting their systems. This month, we discovered a last minute issue that could impact some customers and was not resolved in time for our planned updates today.

After considering all options, we made the decision to delay this month’s updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change to the existing plan.

So when is the new patch coming and on what day? It's anybody's guess

Q: When will the updates be published?

A: We are committed to delivering high-quality security updates for our customers and extensively test each bulletin prior to release. We will release once ready

So as soon as they fix the problem.

It's a SMB flaw so it could break a lot. File shares, problems accessing shares on DCs so potentially authentication. Basically it could break an entire domain or forest.

Microsoft have moved February's Patch Tuesday schedule to March 2017.
UPDATE: 2/15/17: We will deliver updates as part of the planned March Update Tuesday, March 14, 2017.

Our top priority is to provide the best possible experience for customers in maintaining and protecting their systems. This month, we discovered a last minute issue that could impact some customers and was not resolved in time for our planned updates today.

After considering all options, we made the decision to delay this month’s updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change to the existing plan.

MSRC

I have to say, I'm dismayed with Microsofts's state of affairs. The way they do business is horrible. It may be a new business model but Microsoft used to put out dependable updates in the past.

I'm NOT saying I hate them or anything , I just don't agree with how they do things now. service packs used to fix any chances of zero day exploits. the updates were very good DESPITE the security issues of windows itself.

I have to say, I'm dismayed with Microsofts's state of affairs. The way they do business is horrible. It may be a new business model but Microsoft used to put out dependable updates in the past.

I'm NOT saying I hate them or anything , I just don't agree with how they do things now. service packs used to fix any chances of zero day exploits. the updates were very good DESPITE the security issues of windows itself.
As long as you employ safe practices (which I'm sure you do) whilst on the net then hopefully that should help.

If one continues to mess with Torrents and dodgy downloads then that's asking for trouble..

As long as you employ safe practices (which I'm sure you do) whilst on the net then hopefully that should help.

If one continues to mess with Torrents and dodgy downloads then that's asking for trouble..

True. all of it. this being the last version of windows and all, interesting to see what lays ahead

>>>>Hey Ragnar; (you know that's the name of the Hit TV series Star Character in VIKINGS on Amazon?...any relation? LOL). I used to hate the updates too, but now that I'm retired and fixing computers if and when I feel like it, I now have a different perspective. It turns out those sketch updates are money-makers for me to supplement my Social Security income!:cash: M$ updates do break computers, and have for many years, especially the old Service Packs you mention; that's because home users have no idea (nor do they care!) about the proper way to install them, let alone get them from a safe source.:iee: Funny how things that used to be bad, now are good!! :noise::teeth:
I can tell you that the more MS changes their updates policies in the wrong directions, the more impetus they are giving to people switching over to Macs and even Linux--which I'm now just beginning to recommend to my customers [if I could ever figure out how to use a printer with Linux, that would be even more of a plus!]. This will eventually erode MS market share in the worldwide scheme of things, but not anytime soon. I'm afraid most of us 800 million PC users with Windows are going to be stuck with it for at least 10 more years maybe longer. Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there. My 2 cents.<<<<

Cheers!:D
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

this being the last version of windows and all
Hmm... So they say but I should imagine in a few years time We'll be offered a brand new os.. If they think they can sell it, they'll do it sure as sh.........

Back