Microsoft Denies Windows 7 'Backdoor' (IGN Gear)

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Developer says the government was granted no access privileges to their newest operating system.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I could be mistaken, but I think any competent, high blown, security organisation, could gain access to a private computer if they cared. I, personly, do not keep copies of bank or other private information on my computer, and have no worries in that area. My day to day work can easily be intercepted by my ISP, if they cared to do so from the thousands of customers and traffic they are constantly receiving. They could, of course, gain filtered information, only, by planting a trojan on an individual's computer. This can (usuall) be taken care of by running a good anti virus progam and, if you are neurotic, disabling Windows firewall and using a third party one.

Last edited:
I could be mistaken, but I think any competent, high blown, security organisation, could gain access to a private computer if they cared. I, personly, do not keep copies of bank or other private information on my computer, and have no worries in that area. My daya to day work can easily be intercepted by my ISP, if they cared to do so from the thousands of customers and traffic they are constantly receiving. They could, of course, gain filtered information, only, by planting a trojan on an individual's computer. This can (usuall) be taken care of by running a good anti virus progam and, if you are neurotic, disabling Windows firewall and using a third party one.

All your bases are belong to us.

Back