Windows 10 Microsoft edge vs Google Chrome

pratibha91

Windows has upgraded its internet explorer to edge, whose interface is almost similar to Google chrome. But speed may vary.

So, can you share your opinions about this which is better to use?

Internet Explorer is still around for legacy web systems. Edge was originally built from scratch by Microsoft but later (the new version) based on the open source browser project chromium The Chromium Projects which Google chrome and many other browsers are based on which is why they look similar.

Here are some benchmarks between some of the biggest browsers including Chrome and new Edge

The new Edge is pretty good.....I still prefer Chrome.

I really like the new Edge. I use a lot of Microsoft services so it's nice to have them all sync and play well with Edge. I was a dedicated Firefox user before the new Edge. I still have Firefox installed and use it occasionally, mostly to test how sites look on FF vs Edge or when a site isn't loading on Edge to see if it's the site or Edge.

I think the all the browsers for the most part have reached peak features just like the smartphone market. Meaning they all have the same features now. Privacy and security is the only area left that the companies can make their browsers really stand out from the others.

Also a big thing as tech geeks we tend to forget is that regular people don't care or think about their web browser like we do. They just use whatever is there and what works for them. And if it works fine for them why spend time and energy looking for something else.

Having used both, I find Edge is smoother. It's more able to cope with Facebook. For some reason on Chrome, it starts getting laggier after some browsing. However, Chrome spies for Google and Edge spies for Microsoft.

Back
Top Bottom