Windows 8 Microsoft Framework 3.5 (2.0 & 3.0) installation problem in Windows 8.1

Olavi Leinonen

Hey guys. I need Microsoft Framework 3.5 for few games and texture editing programs. But im having very annoying problem with installation of that program. When installing it through control panel or framework installer (dotnetfx35setup), i only get Error code: 0x0800F0906. Then there is offline installer too for framework but that didnt work too. Also i watched installation tutorial of framework installing using cmd.exe but that wont work neither. Im running out of solutions... im getting really depressed about windows 8 because i just got it about 3 weeks ago in my new gaming computer and im getting really bad image about windows 8 and its functions. Does somebody else know other installation guides for this program?

Sorry for the bad english!

I think I recall that, , if you install easybcd, a free and very useful program, it downloads and installs 3.5 at the same time. Have a go with that.

I think I recall that, , if you install easybcd, a free and very useful program, it downloads and installs 3.5 at the same time. Have a go with that.
Have tried all methods from that, doesnt work :(

Doesn't work for me :(

1. That error means the internet connection handshake failed… there are three possible reasons;
a. You aren’t on the internet,
b. You are but there is something blocking your program from reaching the internet,
c. Microsoft refused to talk to you.

2. Given the difficulty you have with the offline installer, I suspect b first but you'd have better idea.

Back