Windows 7 Microsoft may sell Windows 7 on Flash Drives !

Uh people with netbooks who like want windows 7 and either have xp,vista or even window 7 starter.

And the memory stick would only be 3gb. Because isent the iso for 32-bit only 2.35gb or so.
what notebook that can support win 7 does not have a dvd drive? I'm sure there's one out there but they would be very rare, unless windows wants to do a lite mobile version which would be kinda cool... there's an idea for you microsoft! make me something for my laptop, and you could make the flash drive a bit smaller in capacity, cut out all the fat and just make everything downloadable...

most little ones that have no dvd drives don't have a big enough hdd to put windows 7 and still have space left to work on though, which brings me back to the lite version, and those people who have the little ones usually have another system that have dvd drives and could iso and boot from flash drive, I beleive it would be a flop for ms to put it on a flash if they are gonna charge extra, unless they do a lite version for those mini portables...

Unlike software, flash drives aren't intellectual property. Microsoft wouldn't care if you used the flash drive as a normal flash drive, just like they don't care if you store something else in the box Windows came in.

Link Removed - Invalid URL - Look at the sorting sidebar on the left. 35 out of 40 of Best Buy's netbooks have 60GB+ hard drives.

Windows 7 Starter is not a lite version. It is a cheap, crippled version.

Last edited:
But with a DVD, simply dropping it on the floor could scratch it up beyond use. I think selling it in flash drives is a good idea (that's all I use to install builds of Win7 now anyway) except i think MS would lose a lot of money because they're giving you a free flash drive. You could buy Win7 on the flash drive, then copy the contents of the drive somewhere else, format it, and there you have it: a ~4GB flash drive and Windows 7 for the price of just Windows 7.

i agree :) gr8 idea

Back