Windows 7 Microsoft may sell Windows 7 on Flash Drives !

Discussion in 'Windows News' started by whoosh, Jun 26, 2009.

1. SIW2

SIW2 New Member

64 bit is over 3gb.

2. omnivious

omnivious New Member

what notebook that can support win 7 does not have a dvd drive? I'm sure there's one out there but they would be very rare, unless windows wants to do a lite mobile version which would be kinda cool... there's an idea for you microsoft! make me something for my laptop, and you could make the flash drive a bit smaller in capacity, cut out all the fat and just make everything downloadable...

3. PcBoyGeorge

PcBoyGeorge Senior Member

Most little ones have no cd-drive. But they can run 7 since they have 1gb ram and enough hard drive.

4. omnivious

omnivious New Member

most little ones that have no dvd drives don't have a big enough hdd to put windows 7 and still have space left to work on though, which brings me back to the lite version, and those people who have the little ones usually have another system that have dvd drives and could iso and boot from flash drive, I beleive it would be a flop for ms to put it on a flash if they are gonna charge extra, unless they do a lite version for those mini portables...

5. PcBoyGeorge

PcBoyGeorge Senior Member

The lite is 7 Starter SKU

6. Josh the Nerd

Josh the Nerd New Member

Unlike software, flash drives aren't intellectual property. Microsoft wouldn't care if you used the flash drive as a normal flash drive, just like they don't care if you store something else in the box Windows came in.

Netbooks - BestBuy - Look at the sorting sidebar on the left. 35 out of 40 of Best Buy's netbooks have 60GB+ hard drives.

Windows 7 Starter is not a lite version. It is a cheap, crippled version.

#26 Josh the Nerd, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  7. Zaim

Zaim New Member

i agree :) gr8 idea