Windows 7 Microsoft Picture It! 2001 wouldn't save?

ComedyLiker23

Is there any way to get Microsoft Picture It 2001 to work on Windows 7? I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

The only problem with Picture It! is that it wouldn't open any files and it won't save anything. Whenever I hit the save or open button, this message pops up and says "Picture It! 2001 has Stopped Working." And then, it would shut the program down.

I use Picture It! to draw cartoons. It's easy and simple for me because I found many ways to use Picture It! for animation. The problem is that there is not going to be a program like Picture It! 2001 that will let me do the stuff I did with Picture It! 2001 because Windows Live Photo Gallery, which is from what I heard is Windows 7's replacement of Picture It!, doesn't let me draw, animate, or do any thing that I learned from Picture It! 2001.

I also tried the Compatibly Mode that someone suggested, and that didn't work at all. The problem is that you can't save anything because the program stops working after you hit the Save or Open button. Other than that, the program runs fine. But I need to be able to save and open files.

Have you tried running it in Compatbility mode? Right click the shortcut>>Properties>>Compatbility>>Run this program in compatbility mode for "Windows XP SP2/SP3"
Also check off the box stating "run this program as an administrator"
Click OK, then try running the program, you will also have to click "Yes" to any UAC prompts.

Back