Microsoft solitaire question

PaulSp

Both Klondike and Freecell now have choices of levels to play at, such as Master and Random. It specifically notes that some Random choices will be impossible to solve. Does this imply that other categories' games are always solvable? I've had some really bad setups in Klondike which appear impossible from the Master setting. Does anyone know?

I am a MS Solitaire addict. I cannot answer your question, fully, but I have, on occasion, completed several different games from the "master" level.
My own opinion is that they are probably constructed backwards, (from a completed game to the start) so, theoretically, should be solvable.

I don't know. I've had several under Grandmaster that I've tried a dozen times using different choices and still come up empty. If they're created backwards they must be solvable, I guess. Perhaps only 1 sequence will do it. It's pretty hard not to make obvious plays which, in theory, should be good.

I actually recently tried playing the good ol' Solitaire for the first time since I installed W10 a couple years back. Why are there ads now? why is the game trying to sell me "Premium time" or something

Last edited:
1- Microsft likes to make money on their products.
2. Without the adverts, the gmae would not exists.
3. If you buy the Prremium (I.I. Microsft make money)) you do not see the adverts.
4. It is common to many media products, today. Pay and do not see adverts. Even Commercial TV programs

Back