Microsoft Surface Official site

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft has a very new addition to it's web sites namely The Microsoft Surface.

Surface with Windows 8 Pro is a 64-bit tablet PC that combines beauty, power and mobility. Available with up to 128 GB[SUP]1[/SUP] of storage and powered by an Intel Core i5 processor, Surface with Windows 8 Pro is a powerful machine. Weighing under 2 lbs. and only 13.5 mm thin, it’s the perfect way to do more.

Not only is there information regarding the RT and Pro versions, you also have Support section with options for Tech support.

Surface with Windows 8 Pro is powerful

Last edited by a moderator:
No it's not. Does not contain the hardware necessary for Win 8 Pro.

Right - assumed that when I subsequently saw the spec for the RT machine. I see RT leading to two problems - limiting potential sales to those who understand in advance the limitations and those who find out the hard way that it won't support thousands of programs and systems which they are used to Windows running.

I believe Surface RT was developed in direct competition to Apple and Android tablets existing today.

Surface with Win 8 Pro will be much more powerful and capable of using Win 8 Pro. However it is also quite expensive. At that price point many will opt for an actual laptop.

The biggest drawing factor for the tablet is the size issue. Laptops are bigger and heavier.

Back
Top Bottom