Windows 7 Minor problems with W7 RC...

Yes I got it, it only took about 5 minutes to download it, and another minute to install it, so now I'm up to date, Thanks !!

On the restart though, I had to force a shut off, as it hung up on the "shutting down" screen again.

:)

Update... I found the problem with NOD-32, the wrong username and password were marked on my installation cd. I double checked the registration letter and found a completely different name and password that worked, so now NOD-32 is happy for awhile.

:D

COOL:cool:

Yea djwayne, by the way I noticed you are the now user of the month. Congrats, but I sure wish they'd remove mine:rolleyes:

That was actually for the month of April.. We're still deciding on the Month of May's.. ;)

djwayne,
I am sorry to hear you are having a few issues with the Windows 7 R.C. I would highly recommend that you back up your data, and try a fresh install of the R.C. A.V.G. 8.5 is compatible with Windows 7, further I would also encourage you to make that you run the updates for 7.
Thanks

Glen@microsoft-springboard

djwayne,
I am sorry to hear you are having a few issues with the Windows 7 R.C. I would highly recommend that you back up your data, and try a fresh install of the R.C. A.V.G. 8.5 is compatible with Windows 7, further I would also encourage you to make that you run the updates for 7.
Thanks

Glen@microsoft-springboard

Like I said, I'm only having a couple of minor problems that seem to be getting resolved over time, but you have to remember, I'm on this computer about 12 hours a day with heavy usage, so a few minor problems here and there is peanuts to me. The rest of the time Windows 7 is working great.

Hi, i dont usually post, but i read a lot this forum.

About problems with RC, i dont have the issues mentioned in this post. I installed Avast AV and it works perfectelly.

No problems with shutdown or IE, but im having problems with Windows Explorer crashing. Sometimes it crashes when i want to download a file and im browsing to the folder where i want to save it. Or one problem i could test few times, i copyed a folder with some files froma USB flash disk. Then i wanted to copy the same folder to a external HD, and explorer would always crash. Im using RC x64.

I tested before Win 7 7000 (x64) and 7048 (x64) and never had any of this problems....

What could this be?

Thanks for reading

On restart it said that the computer was successfully restored, so I feel I'm good to go. So far Avast hast caused any more problems, and AVG's download package never even opened, so it was never installed.

Hi Dj.
I have used Avast right through the Windows 7 testing, without a hiccup. Perhaps it was one of those u

Your shutdown must , I think, have been hanging on the same glitch.nexplainable glitches!
fwiw.
I am sure most members know this very old trick, but you can force a quicker shutdown of Windows 7 (and even Vista) with a small reg edit:
  1. Open Regedit and locate the following folder: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
  2. Change the value of this key: WaitToKillServiceTimeout by clicking on it twice.
  3. By default WaitToKillServiceTimeout is set at 200000 milliseconds which are 20 seconds. If you change this value Windows 7 will commence shut down faster. Don’t lower the value to anything too extreme, otherwise your computer could face data loss and data corruption. I have always set mine to 3000, without problems so far.

Thanks Davehc but it didn't work. My default was set at 12000, and I changed it to the 3,000 you recommended, but nothing changed, it still hangs up on the "shutting down.." page. Oh well....

Sorry to be a pest. I hate unsloved problems. I would go (almost) 100% for a graphics card problem. Have a prowl aroun the manufacturers site.

I've already upgraded to the latest drivers as a couple of days ago, that helped to cure one problem, but that's it. Don't worry about it, I can live with it. Windows 7 is running so good for me that if this is the only problem I have, I will be happy.

I don't think that M$ AV is going to be out for a little while. It's odd that AVG and Avast! aren't working, as they were advertised as the first ones to work with the beta. Not sure what changed in the RC that broke them. But like I said, I haven't run AV for several years, I hate them as there isn't really one that's not some kind of resource hog. Some are better than others, but they all bother me at some level. Fortunately I am pretty good at staying away from viruses so I don't really need it. I haven't had a virus in over 5 years.

Avast is working for me but I am thinking sound would not until a driver for D audio will work, none yet, any help?:frown:

Are you sure you have the sound default enabled correctly ?? That was a hidden problem I had at first but now fixed.

Goto Contol Panel>Sounds>Playback, then select your soundcard and set default button, then hit Apply then Okay.

Are you sure you have the sound default enabled correctly ?? That was a hidden problem I had at first but now fixed.

Goto Contol Panel>Sounds>Playback, then select your soundcard and set default button, then hit Apply then Okay.

I went to Control Panel/Sounds/Playback and got the answer - "No sound devices are installed" this means that Windows 7 do not recognize the sound card. I hope that there is a fix for this issue.

Thanks, Ubuntero.

Solved the problem. use the vista driver, let it upgrade itself and you are OK.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1843734&os=2093&lang=en

Back
Top Bottom