Windows 7 Missing Bootmgr Problem

sheepo39

When I was clean installing Windows 7 on my desktop, I shut off the computer right when the install was starting because I didn't give the maximum amount of space to the partition, and I didn't think it would cause any harm. So when I rebooted, I got to a screen with some line and the top left corner of the screen and after a while, it turned to a "Missing Bootmgr, Press Ctrl-Alt-Dlt" screen. I'm not sure what to do, all the guides I saw on the internet said to go into the bios and choose boot from cd drive, but I can't even get into the bios.

Note I am using an external usb dvd drive and I can access the bios when I take out the harddrive.

Anyone know what to do?

If you are using an extenal device, there should be an option for an external type of device, check for that.

If you have an intenal DVD drive, set it to boot first if that is where the install DVD is.

Last edited:
No hardware should be able to stop you from getting into the bios. basic input/output system

Bootmanager problems can be fixed by a few commands if you boot to a command prompt from and install disk while the drive is connected.

Back