Windows 7 Missing files --dir0000.chk-- HELP!

fernandofg

Hi please help me, I have:
Win7 Ultimate 64 Build 7100
Intel i7 920 2.67GHz
6gb RAM
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
The disk with this issue is a RAID0 4tb (2 HD 2tb each WD20EADS), GSATA2_1, GSATA2_0 Smart Backup JMB322 chip

Last night I turn off my computer without no problem, this morning when I turn on I get this black creeen that the sistem have to check the disk ''F'', so begain the check disk and do some corrections I think, then I realize that I have lost a lot of files and some folders, I use the search option for one of the missing foders and I found some other folders : dir0000.chk to dir0005.chk, then I browse my disk looking for this folders manually but I did not find any, I do the search again and fisicaly move the folders to the root of the disk.
Now It seems to have all the missing files back, there are 304 gigas so thers a lot of files to check one by one but what I see til now all files are OK.

What I need please is somebody explain to me what is those folders and why those folders are not visible by a normal browsing disk, if the files are not corrupted why this folders are like hidden folders???. and do I have to check all files lokking if can be corrupted files?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The .CHK file extension is associated with Windows File Fragments which are produced as a result of running scandisk or check-disk (chkdsk). Following the discovery of damaged files on a disk drive, these files can be used to help recover lost information.. Incorrect associations are the cause of many file extension errors

The following link may help also....

Recover CHK Files

But there are no guarantees

Back