Windows 7 Missing Hinge Covers on a Laptop?

RingAnimated

I have a Dell Inspiron 1750. First time repairing a laptop so surely isn't perfect, but I got screen problem fixed (new wire :D) after a lot of struggle. Though now I'm having problems with the hinge covers. I can't really get them back on and am worrying if that is really going to be a problem. Will it?

I just watched this video

Approximately 2 minutes into that video he removes the screen bezel and the hinge covers come off as part of that bezel.
Was your 1750 screen repair procedure different in some manner?

Besides acting as hinges, they ensure the top remains aligned properly during opening and closing to [hopefully] prevent pinched and/or chafed wires. So "will it" cause problems? I don't know. But it could. If you are the only user and always - as in every single time - open and close with extreme care and deliberation, and the notebook is always handled carefully, then maybe it will be fine.

But if me, I would try to get the hinges back in place. Hopefully Trouble's video will help.

I just watched this video

Approximately 2 minutes into that video he removes the screen bezel and the hinge covers come off as part of that bezel.
Was your 1750 screen repair procedure different in some manner?

Other than coming off easier then that (because like I said, this isn't in perfect condition lol.) not really. Though I did have to unscrew the screen and everything. That's where the covers came loose I think. The hinges are still working perfectly fine. The only thing is I can see the wires for the screen and the webcam, but that is the only concern so far. I think worst case scenario is that it might work as an opening for stuff to get stuck inside of it. Though I don't know as the wires don't really look to have any jacket other than (what I think is) the shielding.

Back
Top Bottom