Windows Vista Missing items after clean install from XP

Derekfoxes

Hello, first post here.

Done my clean install of Win 7 Professional from Win XP Pro and some things working extremely well.

Problem is revealed in Control Panel/Programs and Features. 11 MS items and 6 others software – only. There are a lot more to come, and how do I get them into Programs and Features.

The above converted are pretty impressive in that setting and data are converted.

First thing I did was install Norton 2010 with the router connection unplugged so when plugged I had extra security, and it works perfectly.

My first need is to restore Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 with 6000 photos and the all important Catalogue.

HELP, has anybody got the method to get it back as has happened with Word 2003, Outlook 2003 and IE8. (Also my printer, sound card etc.)

I can see Windows.old etc. and of course my own BU of everything for Photoshop etc on EHD.

Is it usual for partial success as above?

Derek, rather old.

I wouldn't have expected any conversion of settings and data with a clean install and windows.old created. It is normal to have to re-install your programs and access your data in windows.old. There are some 3rd party software that claim to bring settings over but it doesn't sound like you used one of those, right? So, to answer your question, it is normal for what your are seeing.

I wouldn't have expected any conversion of settings and data with a clean install and windows.old created. It is normal to have to re-install your programs and access your data in windows.old. There are some 3rd party software that claim to bring settings over but it doesn't sound like you used one of those, right? So, to answer your question, it is normal for what your are seeing.

Now that is worth it's weight in gold, crystal clear.

Not seen any suggestion of it, not in all the MS blurb, not even in the one book I bought, 556 pages I plowed through before posting.

Also means i need to do it to the spell checker i so heavily rely on.

Thank you so much.

Old man with a handicapped wife constantly demanding, snow bound in the Chilterns in England. Many worse off world wide I know, not looking for sympathy, just explaining anything sounding like panic.

Sorry to be back so soon.

Did a search here and see the original disc to be used.

Copying data from Windows.old sound more dificult.

Could you possibly point me at a FAQ, article, even a book. Any source of detailed info much appreciated.

Sorry to be back so soon.

Did a search here and see the original disc to be used.

Copying data from Windows.old sound more dificult.

Could you possibly point me at a FAQ, article, even a book. Any source of detailed info much appreciated.

Windows.old is organized like your C-Drive. Sorry but I don't know how to make it any simpler. If you want to find, for example, Word Docs, do a search in Windows.old for "*.doc". I don't know of any tutorials.....

My thanks to both of you for your replies and patience. Only excuse is a bad day for me feeling thick.

So i will get out my copy of ispell next and install.

Back