Windows 7 Monitor hook up

Super Sarge

I have a Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD 27 inch 1080P LCD HDTV/Monitor, I currently have it hookup to a DVI to DVI connection to my video card. Is there really big difference if I hook it up dvi (from Card) to HDMI connection on monitor. I would have purchase a DVI to HDMI cable. This why I am asking the question

Unless you play blu-ray movies on it, I'd leave it as is. Under normal use I can't see a difference between dvi and hdmi.

OK Thanks, no I do not have a blue ray player nor do I want one at this point in time. I am saving for second Monitor of this type so it will be used as TV and second Monitor. As this Monitor can be switched between TV and Monitor. It is really a great Monitor I previously had an LG 24 inch Monitor that was also very good it ran at 1920x1280, where native resolution for this monitor is 1920x1080

DVI and HDMI are excatly the same except that HDMI carries sound. That's the only difference.

No not really, I know electrical stores will try to sell you the expensive ones. In my experience there's no difference in signal quality between the £5 or the £30 ones. My parent's when they got their new tv paid quite alot for their cable. On testing my cheap cable bought from the local market there's no difference.

Back