Windows 7 More than Just Simple Not Genuine OS Issues?

Route 44

Pardon the length; I'll try hard to keep it short as possible. I know there is a lot on the internet concerning genuine Windows 7 64 OS suddenly being flagged as not valid. I tried a number of ideas postulated on the web but I still can't get it to work. Now to be honest this issue has been ongoing since last mid-April of 2016. My laptop is a Lenovo T430 which I purchased in 2012 and is strictly used for business on the road. It runs an i5 dual core, It came with a single stick of 4 gigs of RAM which I upgraded to 2x4 = 8 gigs in 2014. In 2015 I replaced the 5400 rpm hard drive with a Samsung SSD. The migration went without a hitch. I have never had any issues with these upgrades.

Then one day in April of last year when I booted up my system I was suddenly told my OS system is invalid and I could not update. I attempted to resolve this issue for several weeks but to no avail. Because my work changed from having to go on the road I laid the T430 aside for almost a full year. But now I want to start using it again due to new work demands but it is still coming up as not genuine.

1. Like last year several security scans (Malwarebytes; ESET NOD32) show no infections.
2. The Samsung SSD is running good as per the Samsung Magician utility tool.
3. The motherboard has the latest BIOS successfully installed.
4. The Windows 7 64 is genuine.
5. This laptop has never been dropped or abused and it looks brand new.

A Few Other Things:
A. The screen that you can access under control panel concerning basic information about my system states that neither the processor nor the RAM is available as well as my validation key and yet the Device Manager recognizes them.
B. There are no Yellow Triangles in any category under Device manager.

Thoughts? Thanks.

I have a couple of things, you can try. If the machine has a COA sticker on it with a windows key on it. Open an admin cmd and enter slmgr -ipk *windows key* where *windows key* is the key printed on the COA. If all goes well it'll install the key for you. Reboot after and see if activation works.

Thank you both for your quick replies as well as diagnostic steps to try. Here is what I have so far:

1. The Windows Genuine Diagnostic Tool reports under the tab Windows and then the category Validation Code the error code 0x8004FE21. Also, and this is where I am really confused, the Product Key string is given as *****, *****, but then the last three sets of numbers/letters are nothing like my license key (when I give * its how it reads; I am not trying to mask the key).

Under the Licensing Tab it states: "On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x8007426 to display the error text.' Then...

Error: 0x80070426

When I Run slui.exe 0x2a 0x8007426 I get a warning from Lenovo that an error has occurred and I need to call them to resolve it.

By the way, I tried to Copy this report but it didn't seem to allow me to do so.

2. Windows System File Checker would not run under normal mode and said, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." However, I rebooted into Safe Mode and it ran reporting, " Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

3. I ran the CMD as Administrator and entered slmgr -ipk. plus my COA and I received this message again: "On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x8007426 to display the error text."

One last thing, and I am not sure this is even important, but when I first booted up my system it went to my desktop screen the background was totally black thought my icons were there. In other words, my desktop background was not there from the previous session. It has never done this prior to today.

So what should be my next steps be? Again, thanks for all your help.

scratch that last post. it is now something else within MS. you can buy a genuine version on Amazon, Ebay or even newegg.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit-Newegg.com

Amazon: (With Service Pack 1)
Amazon.com: OEM Windows 7 Professional With SP1 64 Bit - 1 PC

Ebay:
Microsoft Windows 7 home premium 32 64 Bit Full Version SP1 + Product Key + HD | eBay

the Ebay offering has a Product installation key* But if you have a legitimate product installation key already, make sure you buy the exact Windows 7 version for your key!

-RAG

Since I did not receive answers to my second post after the suggestions given about running the Windows Genuine Diagnostic Tool and the command prompts etc. I ran yesterday Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64). It showed that the TrustedInstaller.exe kept failing to engage with the faulting module name: cbscore.dll repeatedly identified. One other thing is cited and that is sspsv.exe and it is a Window service that enables the download, installation, and enforcement of digital licenses for Windows ans Windows applications.

Thoughts?

might be a faulty DVD are you using? I don't want to assume anything here but, is the DVD an official DVD? Could also be just a messed up media, a bad write to the DVD, it does happen.

Back