Windows 7 Mouse and keyboard problems in windows 7

odanh

installed the R/C last night. When it finally was done installing doing an upgrade from 32-bit vista to windows 7, the final reset loads up and i cannot use either my mouse or keyboard. I have tried pluggng them into every usb slot i have, restarted with both plugged in and not plugged in.
tried the 2 other mice and another keyboad. One being a microsoft keyboard that. The keyboard does work when choosing between the different loadup options, but still doesn't work in safemode.

When i try to reinstall either Vista with my bootup cd or with the copy of windows xp i have, it starts the loadup , but keeps getting the blue screen before the install even starts.

Kinda stuck as what to do.
Hopefully someone here has an idea.
Thanks for any help

installed the R/C last night. When it finally was done installing doing an upgrade from 32-bit vista to windows 7, the final reset loads up and i cannot use either my mouse or keyboard. I have tried pluggng them into every usb slot i have, restarted with both plugged in and not plugged in.
tried the 2 other mice and another keyboad. One being a microsoft keyboard that. The keyboard does work when choosing between the different loadup options, but still doesn't work in safemode.

When i try to reinstall either Vista with my bootup cd or with the copy of windows xp i have, it starts the loadup , but keeps getting the blue screen before the install even starts.

Kinda stuck as what to do.
Hopefully someone here has an idea.
Thanks for any help

Hi odanh
Enable your USB input devices[KBD & Mouse] in the BIOS setup.
Please post your System SPECifications [SPECS for short] using the following scheme:

1. EXACT Make and Model of the MOTHERBOARD if custom built PC [If it is a brand name Computer , its Exact Make & Model will suffice. With that as a search term we can find out about most default devices and software loaded on Commercially manufactured Computers from their support websites]
  2. EXACT Make and Model of the CPU
  3. EXACT Make and Model of the RAM; Total RAM
  4. EXACT Make and Model of any Add -on cards ( PCI/AGP/ PCIE etc) in the system
  5. EXACT Make and Model of any Internal or Exteranal USB device attached to the system
  6. EXACT Make and Model of Power Supply Unit or at the least its Wattage
Thank you

Acer Aspire M5640
Main Board ID : Mcp73
System S/N : PTSAM0X1138200B3C52701
Intel Core 2 Quad
4 gigs of ram
no clue what power supply it has nothing on the box even
hope thats what all you needed

Acer Aspire M5640
Main Board ID : Mcp73
System S/N : PTSAM0X1138200B3C52701
Intel Core 2 Quad
4 gigs of ram
no clue what power supply it has nothing on the box even
hope thats what all you needed
Thank you for the details:Excellent.I found out it has AMIBIOS
I could not locate any Documents about its BIOS. But generally you can do the following to access the BIOS setup:

Power up the system and press the DEL key during the memory count. This is pretty much the standard way to go into setup. However, if for some reason this does not work, substitute the following commands in place of the DEL key.
1. F1, F2,
2. CTRL ALT S
3. CTRL ALT ESC
4. CTRL ALT ENTER
5. CTRL ALT END

Once you access the BIOS Setup screen, there might be a Sub-menu called USB Configuration. It may be under Main Menu or under anoter Menu. In USB Configuration look for enabling USB key and USB Mouse > Save the settings and Exit. If you cannot ENTER the BIOS with the current KBD it is because it is not USB Enabled in BIOS. Borrow a PS/2 KBD and access BIOS> Enable USB> Switch the KBD to the USB KBD and Save and Exit.
Hope this helps.

even after i disable/enable both the usb keyboard mouse in the bios , it still does not work once
windows 7 loads, a PS/2 keyboard has been tired , as with both a wireless and blue tooth keyboard. The sound the computer make when you plug in or pull out a usb cable isn't made either.
However if i load a cd it run, however i need to click on the permissions.
Even when take my boot-up disk to reinstall windows xp , the computer crashes giving the blue screen, same if i try with vista.
any other ideas?

even after i disable/enable both the usb keyboard mouse in the bios , it still does not work once
windows 7 loads, a PS/2 keyboard has been tired , as with both a wireless and blue tooth keyboard. The sound the computer make when you plug in or pull out a usb cable isn't made either.
However if i load a cd it run, however i need to click on the permissions.
Even when take my boot-up disk to reinstall windows xp , the computer crashes giving the blue screen, same if i try with vista.
any other ideas?

• For the troubleshoot use only PS/2 Keyboard and mosue until you have a functioning system.
When you say
Even when take my boot-up disk to reinstall windows xp ..
do you mean the Bootable Operating System CD or set of Boot diskettes you have created?

• If you have Windows XP Bootable CD ( Operating System disc), can you boot the Computer up to the Setup Options ?
I'm sorry for asking these questions as I had some difficulty understanding what you were trying to convey.:(

i have both the back up boots for xp and vista, i have both full copies as well.
None of them get far into the startup before the computer gets the blue screen.
And i have found no keyboards that work with the system right now.
Ranging from the one that came with the system, to many others.
Up to 25 different keyboards now.

Sorry to steal ur thred but i have to ask this...

When i used XP my both mise worked fine on Call of duty: waw. They both have extra buttons. (MS Sidewinder and Razer Diamondback3G). When I installed Windows 7 Razers buttons 4and 5 stopped working. When I change Razer to Sidewinder on the fly during gaming buttons 4 and 5 work fine. Razers all buttons work fine In win, chrome, firefox etc only in cod it fails. Any ideas about that?

Hello,

I just wanted to let u know, I had this same issue for about 2 weeks. Basically what happened was a bad install of my AMD Chipset drivers. When I attempted to upgrade, the install didn't go all the way through.
I then restarted my system, and BAM! No Mouse or Keyboard functionality thru USB.

Even when I went into SAFE MODE the Mouse and Keyboard were not functional. The only time they worked was when the computer first attempted to start, BEFORE windows loaded.
So, this means that your issue is a software problem.

I thought it was some other software that I installed, and ran a restore session, but that wasn't the issue. Still no functionality.

I even tried removing my CMOS battery, to reset it, since some people said that had solved their problems...Still nothing.

I then read other forums around the web using my Android phone to try and find a solution, only those solutions were no help.

I was also advised to run: MSCONFIG and Hide all Windows programs and then stop every other driver, source from loading (of course if my mouse and kb worked, I would have tried that).

I had even read that because I was using USB, that I should try using a PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard connection.

It took me 2 weeks to get the correct PS2 adapter that worked, which would essentially allow me access to my system again...

I Purchased a USB A Female to PS2 (MDIN6) Male Adapter (for Mouse) from SFCable.com

This my friends, was a lifesaver. I only have one PS2 port on my system, so I used my mouse to try every option I had previously read about. Of course you cannot type because the keyboard doesn't work, so you need to know the location of the folder where the programs you are trying to run are.

So, a little after I got back into my system, and I closed down all programs, the warning screen came up that ALL of my USB Ports failed and could not be updated. I even Uninstalled every last USB port from the System Properties and restarted, and still that didn't work.

I had forgotten that during the time when this problem arose, there was a failed install of my AMD chipset drivers, so luckily I had not deleted the source file and I tried to reinstall, and VIOLA! I'm back up and running and my USB ports are restored and everything is working!

I hope this solution is able to help other people out there.

Thanks,
JE - [email protected]

The mouse is a less problem. Either find its specific drivers, or look in Control Panel\System and Security\System\Device Manager\Mice... and update there.

Or you have a problem with USB, update drivers. I never noticed problems with AMD chipset drivers causing this. Not saying it's impossible.

Back