Windows 10 Mouse lagging hesitating

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by kayos, Apr 7, 2016.

1. kayos

kayos Member

Hello
    I use a wireless MS Intellimouse Exporer and keyboard which is no longer available, and software drivers are old.
    Ive built a new machine with Windows10 and now the mouse seems to 'sleep' after only 10s of seconds and then you have to wiggle it to get it to react again. This is prevalent with scrolling as well as just movement.

The mouse wheel was a bit worn so I thought id get a new mouse with new drivers. I chose a Logitech M705 which has a different wireless receiver.
    The lagging is even worse with this mouse and i'm sure there is something in Windows10 which is trying to control the power usage and puts the mouse to sleep.

Ive tried uninstalling all drivers etc but the problem still resurfaces. Has anyone got any experience of this ....

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

3. kayos

kayos Member

I should provide a proper description of the Logitech problems - when using the M705 it wasnt just laggy it would actually freeze .... say after loading a new web page or opening an application / program, as if the resources were taken away from the mouse and there wasnt enough processor to send the commands. Having had a look at that MS thread there seem to be lots of potential causes but no specific one.

But its clear there is a problem in Windows 10 and shame on MS for not dealing with it. For someone using the machine all day its a real PITA ...:furious:

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Have you checked with a wired mouse? If the wireless mouse has a USB dongle then try a different USB port or even update your USB drivers?

5. Neemobeer

Neemobeer Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member

It's most likely driver related, test a wired mouse as Kemical stated and if you have no issues either it's a driver issue or potentially something interfering with the wireless signal. I believe they operate in the 2.4Ghz range much like Microwaves, coordless phones and many other home electronics.

6. holdum333

holdum333 Banned

Hi! My 2 cents! I agree a wired mouse would be some thing to try. When my logiteck mouse starts acting weird, I install fresh batteries.
    I haven't heard any thing on help forums about W10 putting a mouse to sleep.;) The power for the mouse comes from the batteries. I think there is also power to the USB ports for the receiver. You could up date your USB drivers like @kemical suggested
    Your quote!
    "i'm sure there is something in Windows10 which is trying to control the power usage and puts the mouse to sleep."

Logitech Support: Search

#6 holdum333, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  7. holdum333

holdum333 Banned

Hi Here's a update. This is what the W10 forum is saying about this problem?? They are blaming this on a nvidia driver.
    Give it a look. I do know that drivers are causing some problems for W10 users.;):( MS got in a big hurry and a lot of manufactures weren't ready for this upgrade! You can hope for a MS update to fix this problem??
    You might look here. I don't have nvidia!
    Drivers | GeForce

#7 holdum333, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  8. kayos

kayos Member

Ive got the latest nvidia drivers. The forum in post #2 had vid drivers as potential issue but it wasnt conclusive.If i go back to my original MS mouse its only slightly annoying and nothing like the logitech issues.
    Ive tried the receiver in different ports and checked USB drivers.
    I do wonder if having the logitech receiver and the MS receiver for the MS keyb / mouse combi could be causing conflicts and consequential delays, but so many people are reporting this its not unique to me.

9. holdum333

holdum333 Banned

Hi kayos! I have found in my short time as a PC user, there is never a one answer that fits all. There may be a lot of people having your problem, but for different reasons. As you stated there very well could be conflicts by having the two receivers. I love my logitech mouse.
    Thanks for your reply!

10. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Hi Kayos,

Interesting thread; in Post #8 you probably hit the nail on the head with your comment about swapping out a mouse with an old wireless keyboard from a wireless mouse/keyboard combo. This WILL NOT WORK!! You must replace BOTH the old wireless keyboard AND wireless mouse at the same time. The radio transmitters in the new mouse & dongle are typically not the same frequency as the old keyboard/mouse combo, and because there are hundreds of different frequency ranges available to wireless keyboard/mouse manufacturers, they almost never work the way you are trying to do it. New Mouse with old Keyboard/Dongle =WON'T WORK. New Mouse with new Dongle and old Keyboard=ALSO WON'T WORK. I don't believe it's got anything to do with drivers at all.

Hope that helps,
    Cheers! ;)
    <<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

holdum333 likes this.