Mouse Recommendations

I never use mouse software as drivers to run mouse have been in Windows since Windows 3.1.
I too like Microsoft mouses and my only additional suggestion would be make sure you choose a laser mouse as the batteries will last way longer before replacement.

I never use mouse software as drivers to run mouse have been in Windows since Windows 3.1.
I too like Microsoft mouses and my only additional suggestion would be make sure you choose a laser mouse as the batteries will last way longer before replacement.

Do you have full functionality/adjustability without installing the MS software? Without the Intellipoint software installed, I don’t have the option to do those things. The tabs ‘Button’ and ‘Wheel’ are missing from my Mouse settings until I install it.

Programming or deactivating buttons and adjusting (or deactivating) vertical and horizontal scrolling settings are the main features that it adds (at least the only ones I care about). For example, I deactivate the scroll wheel ‘button’ because I would always be inadvertently clicking it. I’m a bit “heavy-handed” (as evidenced by my laptop keyboards needing replacement every 12-15 months)! I also find horizontal scrolling very annoying, so I turn it off as well.

@IgoZoom9 I almost got that a while back, pretty slick looking mouse. But it didn't think it would be comfortable for long usage sessions at the computer, for me. Ya know when I was looking that one up I came across this one on Amazon, Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

The MS Sculpt Ergonomic looks very interesting! I haven't seen it before. If it really does promote natural hand/wrist positioning (as the description claims), it's definitely worth serious consideration....take it from someone who had carpal tunnel 'release' surgery on both hands by the age of 35!!! Unfortunately, it connects via USB dongle rather than Bluetooth, but I see that isn't a 'deal-breaker' for you. As long as it has the 'mini' dongle that barely protrudes from the USB port, it's no trouble, IMHO. Unless you lose the dongle, then it's a big problem!

Thanks a lot for these recs fellas. Please if anyone else has another one they'd like to recommend I'd appreciate it. I'm in no rush. And I'm gonna try and take @IgoZoom9's advice and see if I can check them out at the store before buying.

Actually touching them and seeing how they feel in your hand, where the buttons and scroll wheel is placed and other specific design features is definitely the best way to find exactly what you want. Unfortunately, no store that I know of displays all of the models they sell (just the top sellers) and none of them are attached to computers so you can see how they feel in action.

Currently I use a Logitech M500. It was a quick replacement for the Death Adder and it's been doing quite well. I don't use wireless mice on my desktop because as a gamer I demand excellent tracking at all times.

Most of the mice here are packaged in hard moulded clear plastic and look only.
I would be surprised if you are allowed to road test them.

If there is like a major electronics store near to where you live then they often have mice on display for you to try. Even if you don't purchase the mouse at the store it will at least give you a look see at's what's on offer.

Do you have full functionality/adjustability without installing the MS software? Without the Intellipoint software installed, I don’t have the option to do those things. The tabs ‘Button’ and ‘Wheel’ are missing from my Mouse settings until I install it.

Programming or deactivating buttons and adjusting (or deactivating) vertical and horizontal scrolling settings are the main features that it adds (at least the only ones I care about). For example, I deactivate the scroll wheel ‘button’ because I would always be inadvertently clicking it. I’m a bit “heavy-handed” (as evidenced by my laptop keyboards needing replacement every 12-15 months)! I also find horizontal scrolling very annoying, so I turn it off as well.

Yes I have never missed a thing you mention and I haven't installed mouse software in at least 10 years, not for wireless or wired mouse.

My actual favorite mouse is a wired laser mouse from Logitech Rx 1000. Best feel and response I have ever seen from a mouse and TG I bought two of them at the time.

Ok so with everyone's input and suggestions I've settled upon these two mice. The local BestBuy has both of these in store. So I'm gonna check them out there. I know the biggest difference is the PRICE! But they are a bit bigger than a normal mouse, both wireless (Master is Bluetooth), they both have "hyper fast" scrolling (I read a lot of long form articles online & forums ;)). Amazon has both mice for sale as refurbs too. I'm not above refurbished now a days; especially on Amazon. I've never had an issue returning items with them. Let me know what ya'll think of these please. If you have any criticism on them please let me know or an alternative suggestion as well!

Logitech Wireless Marathon Mouse M705

and

Logitech MX Master Wireless

The second one appears to be a laser and that is the way I would go, thought neither actually say they are..

Thanks for that William I wondered how a mouse can claim 3 year battery life without being a laser mouse.

Well I tried out both mice at BestBuy and I choose the MX Master. And I'm very happy with it. It's been a few days of heavy usage and no major complaints. It feels great in my hand. The M705 felt much better than my M510 but was just a little shorter on length and width. So just the bit of a bigger size on the MX Master was enough to make me go with it instead. The body of the MX Master is wider on the section that fit into the palm of your hand and that's probably what I like the best! I also got rid of my dirty old mouse pad as the laser works great on my wood desk. And I prefer a minimal look on my desk anyway. The side thumb button on the left, can be a bit awkward to hit. And the forward button is a little weird to naturally hit BUT I don't use the forward any where near as I do the back button. And the back button is completely fine to reach. Even with those two things it's not a deal breaker. The mouse has more weight versus my M510 but that also makes it feel better to in my opinion. It doesn't have that cheap plastic feel, it has like a matte rubberized texture around it, the left & right click buttons are plastic but have a matte feel to them not that cheap plastic. Overall I really like this mouse and would highly recommend it to anyone who spends a lot of time on the computer or just cares about how their computer accessories look. :up:

Logitech MX Master Review 2016.jpg

For anyone curious what I used to make the collage. I used Fotor from the Windows 10 store.

Yup! very nice post! I'm really surprised you didn't choose a optical mouse.:rofl:
Sounds like you are very happy with your choice. I'm jealous. I still have the old cheap 15$ logitech, but I think its a lazer.
I'm a tightwad!:D How much did you pay friend??

That MX looks a lot like the Revolution mouse I tested for Logitech about 8 years ago and I loved that mouse.
After the test they sent us all one and at $125 retail must admit I was afraid to use it, but it really was excellent.

Wow! Tell me more about Fortor. How did you get this great collage!:worship:
Very nice my friend!
It's just a basic collage app from the Windows store but it's free! It has a lot of different templates and borders and backgrounds. It is pretty neat!

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom