Windows 10 Mouse response issues..

Ever since i have upgraded to windows 10 my mouse has randomly stopped working and started again.. This never happend before i dont know why

When i put it into m laptop thats windows 7 everythings fine

I have tried some things like looking at other forums but i dont know what to do

Please help!

Hi,
Is your mouse a wireless or wired mouse? Is the computer you upgraded the W7 laptop, or a desktop PC or a different computer altogether?

In any case, there are several things that could cause that to happen. The USB port on the W10 machine could have failed. Did you try plugging in the mouse to a different USB port on that W10 computer? If not, give that a try. If the mouse starts working, that USB port could have failed; especially if it was an older computer. If it had W7 on it, it could be as old as 8 years old. Parts fail; it could also be a failed Hard Drive or RAM memory stick. Commonly, viruses/malware and Microsoft updates can cause your W10 to stop working correctly.

I would suggest using whatever AV program you have in your W10 computer and scan/remove all viruses found. Next, visit malwarebytes.org and download and run the free antispyware program, MALWAREBYTES. Scan/remove all found spyware viruses. If your mouse starts working again you had a virus, and have fixed it!:up:

If the problem persists, the next easy thing to do is to uninstall your mouse drive via Control Panel and reinstall it. That often fixes things too. :up:

If the problem is still there, it's quite likely you have Windows corruption, or a failed hardware component. There are windows advanced software repairs you can attempt, but you must first do 2 things:
1.) BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA FIRST IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!
2.)
Test your hardware (Hard Drive and RAM memory sticks) using the free TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE I wrote available here: https://windowsforum.com/threads/unclickable-task-bar.222292/#post-676594
If you have never done this before or don't have a desire to learn how, you can take your computer to your local Computer Pro and pay him to do this for you. Once that's completed, and your hardware passes the tests without error (or if failures are found you replace the broken component(s), you can proceed to the advanced software repair part of my GUIDE which describes how to repair or reinstall W10 as required.

In most cases, this will produce a fix. Be patient, as if you decide to test your own hardware and follow all the steps in order it can take from 2 days to 1 week or more. Most folks don't have the patience to do this and will skip ahead and try to reset or reinstall their W10, only to find that after all that work, the original problem still exists! :headache: The reason this is, is that symptoms created by broken hardware cannot ever be fixed by software! :noway: Usually, it takes a computer professional with many years of expert skill to be able to tell the difference and to correctly resolve it.

Hope this helps you. Remember to post back if you have additional questions, or get stuck and don't know what to do next.
We are here for you 24x7x365.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Hello sir,

I surmise it is probably just a connection issue. Can you give us the mouse make/model? This should be the first thing you do, and then we can diagnose what is going on.

That's exactly the information we need. We can direct you better as Mike indicated once we have that information. Your Make/Model of computer would also be helpful.

BBJ

Does the mouse use batteries? If so try replacing them.

Make sure your drivers for USB and chipset are up to date especially as you upgraded to win 10. You can normally find the latest drivers on the manufacturers support page.

Try using a different USB port, some differ.

My mouse is a wired USB mouse. I use to have another desk top which was windows 7 but i upgraded and bought a completely new pc..

I got a new keyboard but kept my mouse its been annoying me for very long...

my pc is Acer predator I5 processor

My mouse is a souris gaming mouse..

So this mouse actually changes color when i turn the dpi up right
red = 400 dpi
blue = 800 dpi
green = 1600 dpi
purple= 3200 dpi
So when it disconnects for a longer time It turns light pink/purple.
I have tried 3 different USB ports but no luck
MY PC is brand new my mouse is like 5 months old...

Works fine on my laptop tho (laptop is windows 7)
I think my USB Drivers are upto date

Hi,
thank you for the update. Try running these scans as it may help:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If the mouse works fine for windows 7 but has issue's with 10 then it may be down to the latest Creator's update which introduced a few issues with hardware.
Do you get any drivers that come with the mouse? If so try installing them as administrator and as compatibility mode for win 7.

Thanks for your hardware information. Did you remember to Scan for viruses/malware as per my suggestion in POST #2? That's very important as many viruses today go after your mouse drivers (whether wired or wireless!). The authors of these viruses (Hackers & Cybercriminals) want you to toss your computer in the trash; and without a mouse that's what some people actually do! :eek:

Don't be like these folks. You have more homework to do here. But, it is fixable. Before you attempt any kind of software repairs or hardware troubleshooting as I mention in my Post #2; BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA FIRST IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!
This is really important. You didn't mention whether you did your backup, nor did you mention if you trying scanning for viruses. Neglecting to do both of these can really send you spinning off in the wrong direction!:noway:

After you do your Backup or at least make sure you can locate your backups and they are no more than a few weeks (not months) old, you can safely proceed with some basic software repairs such as kemical suggested in his very good Post #7. If your mouse doesn't come back, chances are it's infected with viruses, or has windows corruption or you have a catastrophic hardware failure (Hard Drive or RAM memory Stick(s). The hardware failures are rare in new computers (less than 1 yr. old); however they can and do happen. I see 1 or 2 of these every year even when the Customer opens up a brand new sealed computer box such as a laptop right in front of me and the thing fails with a DOA~~~!:headache:

The other new piece of information you provided to us (THANK YOU! GOOD JOB!) was that your PC is new and therefore falls within the 1 year factory Warranty that all major PC and laptop manufacturers have. If kemical's software repairs do not work, virus scans do not work, and reset or reinstallation of W10 also do not work. Most likely you have a hardware failure, again hard drive, RAM stick(s), or even your Motherboard the most expensive repair part there is in a PC.:cash: If you can't follow my TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE or don't have experience doing this sort of advanced troubleshooting, I urge you to return your PC to the place where you purchase it. In most cases, if it's a retail computer store chain such as Best Buy, Staples, or Fry's, they will tell you if your PC failed within the first year you must call the manufacturer and send it to them for a free repair under the 1 yr. warranty as I mention. If you bought from an online retailer, such as Amazon, newegg, or ebay; you'll have to deal directly with the seller. In most cases, unless they are big enough to have their own computer repair facility such as Costco and others, you'll still have to send your PC back to ACER.

Remember not to open up your computer if it's a Desktop PC which it appears to be; since that will most likely void your Warranty. The testing we are giving you does not require you to do this, but people get frustrated and do this anyway, not realizing that while endeavoring to solve their problem, they just made it worse by voiding their warranty and having to pay hundreds of dollars to a computer repair shop or tech to fix that! :waah: Instead, they could have received a FREE repair from the PC manufacturer under warranty. I'm not saying you might do this, but it's important to mention it as I see this happen all the time with my customers trying to repair their own computers to save money rather than pay a Professional to do so.

Hopefully, this doesn't happen to you where you have to return it to ACER for a warranty repair. If you do; one other word of advice it's going to cost you $50-$60 US to return it, and make sure you insure it to the full purchase value you paid for the computer. For example, UPS only insures up to like $500 on a standard ship for a PC.
[Edit: After ACER repairs your PC, they will return ship it to you on their dime (their Cost!). ]
If you paid $1,200 for it, you need to buy another $700 of insurance another $10 or $15 to cover it fully in case they lose it (it's happened to me). If you fail to do this, and after 2 months they never get your PC, you call them and they say they haven't seen it; you have to go through tracking hell. Very ugly.:cower: Even if you file an Insurance Claim with them (UPS, FedEx, etc.); you have to wait up to 6 months to get your claim resolved and actually get the case. If you are going to go through all of that, and you fail to insure it for full replacement/purchase value as I suggest, you're gonna be $700 short in this example to save $15 of extra shipping insurance cost. Pound-wise and penny-foolish they say. Food for thought.

Let us know how it goes.
Best,
<<BBJ>> :nerdie:

Ok so i opened admin command prompt and did the scan and it said this for the first one (sfc /scannow)

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Second scan said cxz not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batchfile

Screenshot THIS SCREEN SHOT SHOWS WHAT I DID

If the mouse works fine for windows 7 but has issue's with 10 then it may be down to the latest Creator's update which introduced a few issues with hardware.
Do you get any drivers that come with the mouse? If so try installing them as administrator and as compatibility mode for win 7.

As for this question i dont really know what you are asking me to do

Ok so i opened admin command prompt and did the scan and it said this for the first one (sfc /scannow)

Second scan said cxz not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batchfile
>>>>Not sure where you got this command from; we did not give it to you. Not applicable to what you are doing.<<<<
BBJ

Apart from the last bit (cxz?) all looks as it should. Did you input that command?

As for this question i dont really know what you are asking me to do
Did you get any drivers with the mouse? You either did or didn't as some mice need drivers and some don't.

If you do have to install drivers then install the driver in compatibility mode for windows 7.
If your unsure on how to do this then either ask or google.

I dont think i did because when i uninstall the mouse nothing even comes up when i connect it back

It just connects back in no download.. UMM when i had my mouse in my windows 7 it didnt download anything ethier i was looking at a video

I think something like this happend to my mouse but i cannot find what controlls my mouse in task manager to change it!

Can you send screenshots of what your processes are? We don't need to see the Windows processes just the others. I can find mine using the method outlined but I think this is because I use a driver specific to my mouse and I guess the guy in the vid did too?

As you don't have to install any software then you might not see it but let's have a look see.

he said to do this command after

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

thats what i did!
>>>Nope! Nowhere on this thread did anyone instruct you to use the "cxz" command, and also it's not a valid command in Windows or DOS or PowerShell. Chances are you simply bumped the keyboard or dropped something on it? Do you have pets such as cats or dogs that might have wandered by your computer keyboard and walked across it while you were out of the room? I had one Customer whose Wi-Fi got disabled by her kitty-cat walking around her laptop keyboard. I happened to be in the room when the cat jumped up onto the Customer's desk and watched it happen! :eek: Turning the Wi-Fi back on with the right keys; <fn-key>+<f5-key> did the trick there!
In any case, glad you resolved your mouse problem! :up:<<<
BBJ

Back