Windows 7 moving files that win 7 says you can't...

stevae

i just wanted to know if there is a way to move a file that win says you don't have permission, or privileges to move? i certainly gave myself admin privileges when i setup my user account, and turned off all user account funcx's, but still have win 7 telling me that i can't move a file, or that i need admin priv., even though i am the admin.
anyone know how to overcome this...?

Click the file or directory, an dchoose properties. , then the Security tab, click Edit, select your username in the list and check the box for full Control.

yep. i love unlocker, but have only used it for deleting something that win won't otherwise let me. i will look further into its abilities. thanks!

Good idea whoosh,

I've got that on my system as well.

Nice to cleanup those index.dat files that grow to over 2MB in size.

MS issued an update the other day that resolved this problem with folder security permissions, check your windows update, if it hasn't already been installed, it'll be waiting there :)

MS issued an update the other day that resolved this problem with folder security permissions, check your windows update, if it hasn't already been installed, it'll be waiting there :)

Hey thanks good news :)

Back