Windows 7 MS Security Essentials (Morro) Leaked

Master Chief

It seems that the frequent leaks that make their way to the Internet are not limited anymore to various Windows 7 builds (read about the Windows 7 build 7260 leak here) but also to other Microsoft software products in the making. Latest leak is Microsoft’s new antivirus solution Morro which was announced only recently. Morro has been renamed to Microsoft Security Essentials recently and could become an integral part of the Windows 7 security. ...
Link Removed - Invalid URL

A question... is Morro comparable to AV programs such as Kaspersky, NOD32, Smart Security, etc. ?

Edit: PM for torrent link. Features 3 installers (XP 32-bit, Vista/7 32-bit, Vista/7 64-bit) - check which one you want to download.

Last edited:
It seems to only scan downloads in IE - if you use another browser - looks like you would be better off with a different app.

Yes you would need to uninstall any other Resident a/v app. if you want to use the MS one.

Also it does not have protection for P2P .

However, it is fairly small and unobtrusive and would probably suit those whose needs are basic.

Last edited:
The public beta is going to be released on the 23rd anyways. I'd just wait of you wanted to try this out. Link Removed due to 404 Error

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I'm going to use this on my laptop which gets a clean install of Windows 7 after just about every build is leaked so I could give less of a crap if my OS was corrupted. I keep all my valuables on an external HDD anyway. On my permanent OS desktop, however, I'm going to stick with ESET Smart Security.

I'm going to use this on my laptop which gets a clean install of Windows 7 after just about every build is leaked so I could give less of a crap if my OS was corrupted. I keep all my valuables on an external HDD anyway. On my permanent OS desktop, however, I'm going to stick with ESET Smart Security.

But, viruses can hook themselves to that USB device and spread that way.

know it's a CNet artical, but info can be found in many places regarding this issue.
See HERE for more info. I'm just saying that viruses can spread through the use of USB devices,
so I would be as careful with that as anything else.

^That's actually a great point! Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Anyway, I got MSSE installed (x64) and this is a shot of the task manager while it was performing a system scan:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Using just over 4 MB of RAM. The 10% CPU usage quickly went down to ~1% when the scan completed. This working pretty well for me so far, but obviously doesn't feel completely smooth and snappy (consider, however, that this isn't even a beta build yet).

It's quite small initially - but downloaded a ton during the update process - over 100mb as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom