Windows 7 MS WORD 2003 slow running with WIndows 7

harrispearl

I have WINDOWS 7 32 bit, with MS OFFICE STANDARD 2003. WORD docs. take at least 2 mins. to open - and to save. This applies to docs. saved on MY DOCS and new docs received as e-mail attachments. The strange thing is that this was not the case when first getting the new PC with WIndows 7 -- it has developed within the past month and is most inconvenient as I work with MS Word docs. daily. I changed my antivirus from AVG to Avast, but no improvement re. the MS Word docs.
Please help!

Thank you for the useful page link .. I know I fixed this problem before by changing the name of the normal.doc template... and now I do not know where to begin to do this. Could you point me in the right direction please?.

I think it is to do with the following bit of advice on the page you sent me, as for a few months I did not have the slow opening of docs. problem, but it has reverted to super-slow now!

You might also rename the Normal.dot (or Normal.dotm) file; if it is corrupted then it can slow down response times. (Renaming the file causes Word to create a clean, fresh, empty one the next time you start the program.)

Rather than rename stuff have you tried re-installing Word (or repair as the case may be)?

Back