Windows 10 Muliple monitors issue

Nas

I have an HP Pavilion B&O with only one HDMI port. I am trying to run a projector for a golf sim and a TV with both showing exactly what is on the laptop screen. I have no issue getting the projector to work. And I can get the TV working with either a display adaptor off the USB port or WIFI off the laptop. The issue is the TV always shows the desktop only. The top windows is there but so far to the left it can not be seen. I know it is there because I can take the top window on the laptop and move it all the way to the right and it will appear on the TV. But obviously can not run it like this. I have tried all the settings I can find to get correct his but nothing works. Any ideas? And thank you.

Last edited:
That's probably because you have the output set to extend and not mirror. If this is on a Windows 10 computer press [window key + p] and select Duplicate or you can go into the display settings and do the same thing.

I tried changing that setting it did not effect this issue. I do appreciate the input. I might have found a fix online but will not know until I get home. It says in the display settings I can simply drag and drop the main display on to the one I want it to show on. I am not sure how this will effect the second display though. Thanks Again.

My idea did not work. I am not sure just splitting the signal will work either. I can unhook the projector and just hook the tv to the HDMI port but it is still the same issue the top window is off the screen. I have no settings on the tv I can find that seems to change this either. This is really strange.

That's probably because you have the output set to extend and not mirror. If this is on a Windows 10 computer press [window key + p] and select Duplicate or you can go into the display settings and do the same thing.
That's it!! Thank you. I was not getting this to work until I had both plugged in and ready then hit the Windows + P .

Back