Windows 10 Multiple BSODS throughout weeks. Hardware checked.

ESav

Hi everyone, I've been having some trouble with my computer for the past few months as I receive BSOD errors for an unknown reason. I checked my motherboard and it is perfectly okay along with my sticks of RAM.
I've included the system report and the W7F files.
I'd appreciate some guidance and a solution!
Thank you so much.

Attachments

• SYSTEMREPORT.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 419
  • W7F_29-11-2016.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 333
I'm not sure whether these dump files you posted will work or not. One of the dump analysts will let you know. But, they may ask you to repost using instructions at this link: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

It would also be helpful if you could post a couple of pics of your BSOD screens using your cell phone camera so we can see the exact BSOD error number and description.

Thanks,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I'm not sure whether these dump files you posted will work or not. One of the dump analysts will let you know. But, they may ask you to repost using instructions at this link: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

It would also be helpful if you could post a couple of pics of your BSOD screens using your cell phone camera so we can see the exact BSOD error number and description.

Thanks,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>
Sure thing! The BSOD on my camera changes which is really odd. As for the Zip folders needed I already sent those in.

Attachments

• BSOD of many.jpg
    BSOD of many.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 340
  • BSOD of many 2.jpg
    BSOD of many 2.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 369
  • BSOD of many 3.jpg
    BSOD of many 3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 360
  • W7F_29-11-2016.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 351
Did you run memtest on your system for at least 10 passes? I'm seeing a lot of memory corruption BSODs

They definitely could be, but so could a driver, BIOS, or even an AV product.

I'm just going through your dump files now and it looks like your mouse might be the culprit. I'll post back when I've completed debugging but in the meantime can you post some details about what mouse your using and it's age.

I'm just going through your dump files now and it looks like your mouse might be the culprit. I'll post back when I've completed debugging but in the meantime can you post some details about what mouse your using and it's age.
It's a Corsair Sabre RGB

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {403, ffffee3ffda90500, ffa00001008c4025, ffffee018d58fb18}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption

Code:
  0x403  =  The page table and PFNs are out of sync . This is probably a hardware error, especially if parameters 3 & 4 differ by only a single bit.

Hi,
sorry about the mouse question looks like it may have been a red herring.

Ok, so going through your dump files only two drivers are mentioned as probably causes. Other culprits could be system corruption or a hardware error probably RAM. (notice the dump file I posted. It has a sub-type of 403 the meaning of this parameter is posted just below the dump)

First let's try and deal with any corruption:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Drivers
AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 10:54:47 2012: Asus PCProbe Utility please remove

atikmdag.sys Fri Sep 16 20:12:45 2016: AMD GPU driver. Please remove using the DDU or Display driver remover. This will clean out any corruption left behind by previous installs: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.3.1 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum
Install latest WHQL driver: Desktop

athw8x.sys Thu Jan 28 09:52:54 2016: Atheros Wireless LAN Driver. Is this something you've added yourself as I see no driver update for this on your support page. Your normal LAN drivers are Realtek.
This is one of the drivers that was a probable cause and can you post where you got the driver from?

RAM
I know you posted that you had tested the RAM before without any errors appearing. Now I've known of cases where Memtest86 wasn't picking up any errors until the sticks were tested individually.
Choose a slot (the slot closest to the cpu is usually favourite) and test each stick individually overnight. Do make sure you keep a note of which stick is which so they don'y get mixed up.

There are other things we could still try but see how you get on with the above first. Please post any new dump files.

Hmm.. I notice the driver only covers Windows 8.1 and is dated 2014 yet the driver in the dump file is dated 2016? Did you use a driver finder application?:
  • Driver / Utility
    Release Version: 1.02
    Utility Version: 5.0.7.325
    Release Date: 05/2014
    Notes:
    • Added Windows® 8.1 OS Support
You did have quite a few network related dump files and it might be worth removing the above hardware and driver. See if the bsods continue.

As for AsIO.sys I do not know where it is located so I cannot remove it.
Usually found in the remove programs section and could be part of a ASUS utility you have installed?

The sfc /scannow scan on the both attempts did not find any integrity violations.
That's great thank you.

Hmm.. I notice the driver only covers Windows 8.1 and is dated 2014 yet the driver in the dump file is dated 2016? Did you use a driver finder application?:
You did have quite a few network related dump files and it might be worth removing the above hardware and driver. See if the bsods continue.

Usually found in the remove programs section and could be part of a ASUS utility you have installed?

That's great thank you.
I did use a driver finding application yes. But if I uninstall the device would I lose internet access? Also under programs and features in CP I do not have any ASUS utilities.

Edit- Currently I am running DDU and installing my Graphics manually from the link you provided

Last edited:
I did use a driver finding application yes.
This isn't the best way to update your drivers as the app invariably installs the wrong driver. You should always source your drivers via the manufacturer or a support page like your motherboard has.

if I uninstall the device would I lose internet access?

If you can only access the internet via wireless then yes. Sometimes it's possible to use the Ethernet port depending on how your connection is set up. (and you have an Ethernet cable)

You could try changing the driver and see if that helps? Use the driver dated 2014 as that is an official driver although I'd download it first before removing the current version.

Did you look in the uninstall programs section for ASUS utilities or is that what you meant?

Last edited:
This isn't the best way to update your drivers as the app invariably installs the wrong driver. You should always source your drivers via the manufacturer or a support page like your motherboard has.

If you can only access the internet via wireless then yes. Sometimes it's possible to use the Ethernet port depending on how your connection is set up. (and you have an Ethernet cable)

You could try changing the driver and see if that helps? Use the driver dated 2014 as that is an official driver although I'd download it first before removing the current version.

Did you look in the uninstall programs section for ASUS utilities or is that what you meant?
I'm installing the official drivers now. If you mean where you uninstall programs [Programs and Features] under Control panel that's where I uninstall things and I did not see anything from ASUS
Edit: 9:15PM EST I uninstalled the old driver and installed the TrendNet driver. It says on device manager that its from 10/17/2013 but on the site it was the latest one. Kinda confusing

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the update. See how you go regarding blue screens. If you get another please post the dump.

I'll check back in the morning as I'm off to bed. Hope all goes well.. :)

Ok thanks for the update. See how you go regarding blue screens. If you get another please post the dump.

I'll check back in the morning as I'm off to bed. Hope all goes well.. :)
I'll keep you posted. Thank you for the help so far!

Haven't had any issues yet, sometimes my BSODS would happen a week later or more. I'll be sure to update you!

Back