Windows 10 Multiple BSODS throughout weeks. Hardware checked.

62c for the package and 70 for the other cpu temp. AMD CPUs tend to be inaccurate with temps when idle.

Did you buy that AMD processor that came sealed with the box?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
It was sealed. So I thought I was getting somewhere but recieved a BSOD out of the blue. Here's the logs:(

Attachments

• W7F_06-12-2016.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 300
Where did you buy the AMD processor? There are fake AMD processors in circulation. You need to go to support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/pib/authenticity If you still have the AMD processor box, launch QR scanner app and scan the QR code on the processor box. It will check to see if that AMD cpu is real or fake.

Where did you buy the AMD processor? There are fake AMD processors in circulation. You need to go to support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/pib/authenticity If you still have the AMD processor box, launch QR scanner app and scan the QR code on the processor box. It will check to see if that AMD cpu is real or fake.

That was last year and an isolated incident plus the actual replica looked something made in 1965 and nothing like a AMD CPU. I doubt very much you have a fake processor but if you want to check it then go right ahead.

I'm debugging your dump files now. Can you clean them out as you don't need to keep sending the old ones too.

Post back shortly.... Oh and lastly what was you doing at the time of blue screen?

Purchased at my local TigerDirect store. The sticker is displaying authenticity. The most recent dump sent was made shortly before my message did you want me to remove old dumps from this forum?

Nooooo....... I meant in 'your' minidump folder. ;)

I'm writing out your dump file now so post back shortly

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {ffffd68c778620c0, 2, 0, fffff800425f555f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
the above dump file is usually caused by drivers which have incorrect addresses so when placed into memory it gets corrupted and hence the blue screen. Unfortunately the dump file doesn't mention an actual driver but i can see from the Call stack that it's possibly network related.

As you'll recall you recently updated 'one' of your network drivers (2nd in the list below) but you also have several others:

anodlwfx.sys Fri Mar 6 10:10:08 2009: ALPHA Networks Filter Driver

athwbx.sys Thu Oct 17 10:46:01 2013: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter

rt640x64.sys Thu Oct 1 11:34:33 2015: Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver

SeLow_x64.sys Sun Oct 18 12:12:14 2015: SoftEther VPN Driver

If you know which ones your not using then I'd remove them especially the Alpha networks which has suddenly appeared out of the blue. It might be part of a bigger application which your running?
If it's still proving hard to find then do a search.

We could try running the driver verifier which tests each driver on boot up and if any are suspect a blue screen will occur. This can sometimes lead to a bsod boot loop although if one boots to safe mode you can then turn the verifier off. Hopefully the offending driver will be written in the dump file.

This will guide you on how to run the verifier:
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Post any new dump files.

Code:

Hi,
the above dump file is usually caused by drivers which have incorrect addresses so when placed into memory it gets corrupted and hence the blue screen. Unfortunately the dump file doesn't mention an actual driver but i can see from the Call stack that it's possibly network related.

As you'll recall you recently updated 'one' of your network drivers (2nd in the list below) but you also have several others:

anodlwfx.sys Fri Mar 6 10:10:08 2009: ALPHA Networks Filter Driver

athwbx.sys Thu Oct 17 10:46:01 2013: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter

rt640x64.sys Thu Oct 1 11:34:33 2015: Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver

SeLow_x64.sys Sun Oct 18 12:12:14 2015: SoftEther VPN Driver

If you know which ones your not using then I'd remove them especially the Alpha networks which has suddenly appeared out of the blue. It might be part of a bigger application which your running?
If it's still proving hard to find then do a search.

We could try running the driver verifier which tests each driver on boot up and if any are suspect a blue screen will occur. This can sometimes lead to a bsod boot loop although if one boots to safe mode you can then turn the verifier off. Hopefully the offending driver will be written in the dump file.

This will guide you on how to run the verifier:
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Post any new dump files.
I removed the realtek and VPN Client adapter as I do not use either of them and when disabled internet access is still working. I'll have to read up on where to find that Alpha Networks one as it's not on the list. Hopefully the removed drivers will resolve the issue.

Attachments

• Drivers network.png
    Drivers network.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 418
Sounds good. I'll check back in the morning and see how things have gone.. :)

If you get any more BSODs, you can go to www.nirsoft.com/utils/blue_screen_view.html and download the free program called "BlueScreenView v1.55" which is a application that scans all your minidump files and it displays the information about the crashes in one table. In addition, the BlueScreenView marks the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack logs so you can locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the BSOD crash.

If you get any more BSODs, you can go to www.nirsoft.com/utils/blue_screen_view.html and download the free program called "BlueScreenView v1.55" which is a application that scans all your minidump files and it displays the information about the crashes in one table. In addition, the BlueScreenView marks the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack logs so you can locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the BSOD crash.

It's that simple.... ;) I would still recommend having someone look at the dumps properly. Plus the above only really helps if an actual driver is mentioned and you have more than one dump file.

Good luck! Hopefully removing those network drivers may have helped?

So things have been fairly smooth but I was out of the house and discovered that my computer reset. I'm not entirely sure if this was a power outage in my home or a BSOD problem. Here's the dump just in case. :shocked:

Attachments

• W7F_09-12-2016.rar
    514.1 KB · Views: 240
Code:

Hi,
as you see it's a similar dump file to the one posted above and again looks network related. I still cannot see any mention of drivers and to that end it might be worth running the driver verifier ( I can still see a VPN application installed please remove all):
Driver Verifier - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista (BSOD-related) - Tech Support Forum

Do make sure you have either an install disk for windows 10 or a Recovery disk/USB as the verifier can cause a bsod start up loop. If that happens use the recovery or install media to access the windows recovery panel and enter safe mode. Once in safe mode turn the verifier off.
Run the verifier for no longer than 24hrs. Hopefully if the system does blue screen the culprit will be included in the dump file.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Personally I would have ran a clean install eons ago. The driver finder application you used has probably installed more than one incorrect driver and it's perhaps best to start afresh.It has to be a clean install too, no resets or upgrade installs please..
A good tip is before you start pop along to your support page and download your needed drivers, store them somewhere safe until needed.
ASUS UK

Post any new dump files.

Code:

Hi,
as you see it's a similar dump file to the one posted above and again looks network related. I still cannot see any mention of drivers and to that end it might be worth running the driver verifier ( I can still see a VPN application installed please remove all):
Driver Verifier - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista (BSOD-related) - Tech Support Forum

Do make sure you have either an install disk for windows 10 or a Recovery disk/USB as the verifier can cause a bsod start up loop. If that happens use the recovery or install media to access the windows recovery panel and enter safe mode. Once in safe mode turn the verifier off.
Run the verifier for no longer than 24hrs. Hopefully if the system does blue screen the culprit will be included in the dump file.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Personally I would have ran a clean install eons ago. The driver finder application you used has probably installed more than one incorrect driver and it's perhaps best to start afresh.It has to be a clean install too, no resets or upgrade installs please..
A good tip is before you start pop along to your support page and download your needed drivers, store them somewhere safe until needed.
ASUS UK

Post any new dump files.
I could try to run Driver Verifier but if you think a clean install of Windows may help I can always do that first as I backed up everything including my GPU, MoBo, audio and wireless drivers. This will be my second clean install and I ran Memtest a few months ago with everything showing up just fine.
NOTE: As I was looking through my drivers I saw that my wireless family controller was still enabled so I uninstalled it completely.

Last edited:
Back