Windows 10 Multiple BSODS throughout weeks. Hardware checked.

I could try to run Driver Verifier but if you think a clean install of Windows may help I can always do that first as I backed up everything including my GPU, MoBo, audio and wireless drivers. This will be my second clean install and I ran Memtest a few months ago with everything showing up just fine.
NOTE: As I was looking through my drivers I saw that my wireless family controller was still enabled so I uninstalled it completely.

The only reason I'm suggesting a clean install is because you used the driver finder application. If you have an idea on which drivers it installed then simply remove them and install the correct versions.
I backed up everything including my GPU, MoBo, audio and wireless drivers.
Are these the drivers supplied by the driver finder app or the ones taken from your system support page?

The only reason I'm suggesting a clean install is because you used the driver finder application. If you have an idea on which drivers it installed then simply remove them and install the correct versions.

Are these the drivers supplied by the driver finder app or the ones taken from your system support page?
I do not know which ones it installed but I did gather the correct drivers from my component's support page. Should I go with the clean install and install the correct drivers I found?

NOTE: While I was in the middle of backing things up drive I received another BSOD. This could be similar to the past dump so I'll send the new dump here. I'm pretty sure I should I perform a Clean Install of Windows immediately but I will wait for your input.

Attachments

• W7F_10-12-2016.zip
    1 MB · Views: 554
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck BE, {ffffee9a73ce92c8, 8000000000360121, ffffaf014c883890, a}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
this is usually to do with gpu drivers waiting on the gpu to respond.

I'm pretty sure I should I perform a Clean Install of Windows immediately but I will wait for your input.
Personally I would then at least that way you know your running with the correct drivers.

Please do not install any Asus applications.

Good luck with the clean install.

Code:

BugCheck BE, {ffffee9a73ce92c8, 8000000000360121, ffffaf014c883890, a}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Hi,
this is usually to do with gpu drivers waiting on the gpu to respond.

Personally I would then at least that way you know your running with the correct drivers.

Please do not install any Asus applications.

Good luck with the clean install.
Well I did the Clean install, allocated my drives, and checked my drivers. My wireless and graphics drivers were unchanged in the clean install but I did update my graphics and only have the Crimson software on the computer. The system had to reset after updating the driver and Crimson with installed. Upon signing into I did receive a BSOD. This is awfully frustrating. As always, I provided the Dump :(

Attachments

• W7F_10-12-2016.zip
    162 KB · Views: 406
So I had another I used DDU as I heard crimson gives issues at times and installed the was about to download the right driver but got a BSOD again. I would send a dump but even though I set my primary boot option to be my windows drive it keeps taking me to the windows USB I made so I guess I'm doing another clean install. This is mighty rough...
0091fb47c5edd6f10762372a90684c2c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Windows Forums mobile app
NOTE: I did the windows clean install and the system is running I got the proper Graphics drivers installed but for some odd reason my HHD is not showing up in my BIOS. Hopefully if I figure out how to fix this I can finally resolve and conclude the bsods. What should I do?

Last edited:
My wireless and graphics drivers were unchanged in the clean install but I did update my graphics and only have the Crimson software on the computer.
I'm just about to debug your dump file but the above sentence has me a little worried.

downloads.JPG

ASUS UK

If there is a driver you cannot find please let me know and I can look for you.

my HHD is not showing up in my BIOS.
Is this your C drive or another HHD that's attached?

In any case please check your cables are connected properly. You could always turn the machine off and try running the HDD in a different SATA port.

The drive in question, how old is it?

If possible try running a chkdsk on the drive (this might not work as the pc cannot see the drive)
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

No dump file found ( if there is something wrong with the HDD then it can stop dump file creation)

Make sure your settings are set like this:

Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

I set my primary boot option to be my windows drive it keeps taking me to the windows USB I made
Once windows is installed remove the USB.

So after installing your drivers see how the system runs and report back.

I'm just about to debug your dump file but the above sentence has me a little worried.

View attachment 34163
ASUS UK

In any case please check your cables are connected properly. You could always turn the machine off and try running the HDD in a different SATA port.

If possible try running a chkdsk on the drive (this might not work as the pc cannot see the drive)

No dump file found ( if there is something wrong with the HDD then it can stop dump file creation)

Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.

Upon the second clean install my drivers were changed to the windows defaults so I did fix those and both drives of mine are being recognized. I'll have to finish downloading the rest of the ASUS drivers and hopefully things will be going smoothly! If not I'll keep you well informed. :)

S

View attachment 34163
ASUS UK

So upon the second clean install, my drivers were the Windows defaults so I'm currently working on getting my proper ones. I did update my graphics drivers to the correct one and for some reason my HHD decided to show up in my BIOS today. I allocated it and hopefully things go smooth. I'm currently downloading the drivers from ASUS so fingers crossed we'll make it! I'll keep you informed if anything eventful occurs
Disks.png

Thank you for the update. Looks like things are going a bit smoother now and I hope the install completes correctly. I'll await your next reply.

Something you could try when you have the time is to check your drives using Seatools. This tool, which works for most drives not just Seagate, will give a pass or fail for the drive being tested.

Something you could try when you have the time is to check your drives using Seatools. This tool, which works for most drives not just Seagate, will give a pass or fail for the drive being tested.
So I think things are pretty good for now but I left the house and only caught a split second of my computer resetting for a Windows update. Being paranoid I just left the dump here but I'm almost positive it's okay.

Attachments

• W7F_14-12-2016.zip
    435.5 KB · Views: 325
Code:

BugCheck A, {ffffe186891f1a00, 2, 0, fffff801c7ae50c1}

Hi,
I know you already tested the memory but feel that if you tested each stick individually it may bring dividends. Please test each stick overnight and see if any error out.
Post any new dump files.

Code:

BugCheck A, {ffffe186891f1a00, 2, 0, fffff801c7ae50c1}

Hi,
I know you already tested the memory but feel that if you tested each stick individually it may bring dividends. Please test each stick overnight and see if any error out.
Post any new dump files.
Should I run one stick at a time in each slot or is there another way that'd be better?

Should I run one stick at a time in each slot or is there another way that'd be better?
Initially use the slot closest to the cpu as that is usually slot 1. Best of luck with the testing.

Initially use the slot closest to the cpu as that is usually slot 1. Best of luck with the testing.
I'll get to it ASAP, got another BSOD. Dump is on the way but most likely a memory issue as mentioned by your previous message I'll keep you posted with the Memtest

Attachments

• W7F_14-12-2016.zip
    484.7 KB · Views: 287
For reason Memtest is not booting when I set its priority and the USB is formatted to FAT32
I'll get to it ASAP, got another BSOD. Dump is on the way but most likely a memory issue as mentioned by your previous message I'll keep you posted with the Memtest
I'm having trouble running Memtest as it's on a USB and formatted to FAT32. I set the Boot priority and still hasn't ran..
NOTE
I got it to run and have stick 1 in slot 1 awaiting errors.
5713ae82a0d1e0f9cadda7644279d540.jpg

Last edited:
I got it to run and have stick 1 in slot 1 awaiting errors.
Hi,
yeah I had to hit the sack last night as i was falling asleep in front of the pc lol . Good luck with the testing.

Is this enough to test stick 1 with slot 2 or is it known it's RAM Failure
It's up to you really, you can either move the stick across to slot 2 and see if the error repeats or make a note of which stick it is and test the next stick. Once you've tested them you can then go on to test the slots..

It's up to you really, you can either move the stick across to slot 2 and see if the error repeats or make a note of which stick it is and test the next stick. Once you've tested them you can then go on to test the slots..
Moving on the the second slot with the same RAM stick. I'll keep you posted

Back
Top Bottom