Windows 10 Multiple BSODS throughout weeks. Hardware checked.

That could either be a bad stick or slot. Try slot 3
I've tried. My board is fine as I tested it earlier. Right now I'm just unplugging and removing the Cmos. I've heard that helps. Perhaps I'm not placing the ram in correctly even though it snaps in place. Very frustrating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Windows Forums mobile app

I'm just unplugging and removing the Cmos.
Remember to optimize default settings when clearing the bios.

Ok so put that stick aside as it's creating issues and test stick 4. Please keep using slot 1. Let's at least test something to the finish.

As i pointed out earlier testing more than stick isn't really necessary if you using a matched set.

Remember to optimize default settings when clearing the bios.

Ok so put that stick aside as it's creating issues and test stick 4. Please keep using slot 1. Let's at least test something to the finish.

As i pointed out earlier testing more than stick isn't really necessary if you using a matched set.
Then in that case my first stick got errors in my first 2 slots, does that conclude they're bad? Also is there a way to optimize defaults without a monitor in use? I cannot see or use usbs

Then in that case my first stick got errors in my first 2 slots, does that conclude they're bad?
Nope.
If your RAM stick is faulty and blue screening then it will do what you seen it do.

Just test the sticks for now all in slot 1 otherwise it simply gets confusing

Some may blue screen some may not but first we need to find out which. Remember to take note which stick did what ..

Nope.
If your RAM stick is faulty and blue screening then it will do what you seen it do.

Just test the sticks for now all in slot 1 otherwise it simply gets confusing

Some may blue screen some may not but first we need to find out which. Remember to take note which stick did what ..
So just test out one slot with both sticks for now? I apologize as the whole Memtest is confusing

So just test out one slot with both sticks for now?
So if you have 2 x RAM sticks test them ALL in slot 1 and watch for any results.

So if you have 4 x RAM sticks test them ALL in slot 1 and note the result.

Whilst not impossible it's pretty rare for an actual slot to be faulty . Make sure you note down which stick did what and then run the tests again but this time use slot 2.

So if you have 2 x RAM sticks test them ALL in slot 1 and watch for any results.

So if you have 4 x RAM sticks test them ALL in slot 1 and note the result.

Whilst not impossible it's pretty rare for an actual slot to be faulty . Make sure you note down which stick did what and then run the tests again but this time use slot 2.
So I'm trying to do so but my monitor and usbs won't turn on.

All fans are running but the usbs and monitors aren't
b8247ed2b8ea43f3d446fcb01c2846eb.jpg
I can't run the tests if I can't see a thing

So I'm trying to do so but my monitor and usbs won't turn on.
Didn't you reset the bios? If the monitor will show the bios I'd go through it and make sure your settings are correct.

Plus the photo above is not showing the stick in ram slot 1.

Didn't you reset the bios? If the monitor will show the bios I'd go through it and make sure your settings are correct.

Plus the photo above is not showing the stick in ram slot 1.
Removing the Cmos resets the bios correct? If so I did that. I'll put the stick in the first slot and see. I did it before and still couldn't see my screens or the usbs active

Have you completely turned it off, waited a few minutes and booting up again?

Removing the Cmos resets the bios correct?
Well removing the battery clears the bios. You want to leave it maybe a minute or so. Once a bios has been reset though you then need to go back into the bios and set the time (if need be), make sure settings are correct for the CPU, RAM and HDD. Where is the monitor plugged into?

Have you completely turned it off, waited a few minutes and booting up again?

Well removing the battery clears the bios. You want to leave it maybe a minute or so. Once a bios has been reset though you then need to go back into the bios and set the time (if need be), make sure settings are correct for the CPU, RAM and HDD. Where is the monitor plugged into?
HDMI and VGA, I removed the Cmos for 30 minutes and but it back in to start and I got nothing. Is this a RAM thing or something else? I would update the bios time but cannot because I cannot see and the usbs aren't turning on. I feel stuck...

HDMI and VGA,
Your running two monitors? If so remove one for now and stick to the vga.

I removed the Cmos for 30 minutes and but it back in to start and I got nothing. Is this a RAM thing or something else?
I'm not sure whats happened to be honest? Maybe you hit something inside the machine or the bios reset has changed settings ?
Your just using two sticks yes? You may have said somewhere but I can't find where.

Have you tried the sticks in various slots not just one or two?

Finally if you really get stuck then give overclockers a call. As they built the machine and may know where the solution lies.

Your running two monitors? If so remove one for now and stick to the vga.

I'm not sure whats happened to be honest? Maybe you hit something inside the machine or the bios reset has changed settings ?
Your just using two sticks yes? You may have said somewhere but I can't find where.

Have you tried the sticks in various slots not just one or two?

Finally if you really get stuck then give overclockers a call. As they built the machine and may know where the solution lies.
Yes, 2 sticks 8X2. I've plugged in the RAM sticks in all the slots. What do you mean the overclockers? No overclocker built my machine.. I wonder if it's a RAM thing or not. I don't have other sticks to test but would it be wise to see if new RAM would resolve this frustrating situation?
NOTE: I heard RAM can be damaged if touched if not grounded. Would this be the reason the sticks are funky?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom