Here’s my setup:

I am running 4 flat panel monitors with two video cards as follows:

Motherboard: MSI 760GM-E51
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4
Memory: 8gb DDR3
Video Card #1: nVidea EVGA GeForce GT 430 PCIe 2.0 w/1024 DDR3 RAM
Video Card #2: nVidea EVGA GeForce 6200 PCI w/256mb DDR2 RAM
Monitors: 4 x Samsung SyncMaster 713v

I have installed the latest Win7 64-bit drivers and I have applied ALL Windows updates and even the optional hardware driver updates.

Two of my monitors are utilizing the VGA connections, the other two are connected via the DVI connectors.

I am not a gamer, I just use my PC for my home based web design and ISP business. I have 4 monitors to make video editing easier.

Symptoms: ===============================

Randomly screens will stop responding (except for mouse). For example, video image will freeze during playback while audio continues (or flash plug-in crashes altogether). Mouse clicks on hyperlinks result in no activity on the screen. Then, inevitably the 6200 powered monitors will go black followed shortly by the GT 430 monitors going black as well. Sometimes the monitors will come back on and the problem goes away only to repeat itself randomly the longer I continue to use my PC.

Sometimes the screens NEVER come back to life and I have to power down the PC. I’ve learned that a lot of times I can shutdown the computer with the keystrokes [ Windows Key ] [ TAB ] [ TAB ] [ ENTER ].

I originally had TWO GeForce 6200 cards, my old PCIe card was a 4 year old GeForce 6200 turbocache card. Thinking it was the problem I replaced it with the GT 430.

Ideas anyone?

WebGuy

First thing comes to mind is and over heating issue with the GPU's. Do you have a decent airflow in your rig. Also, dust build up can cause over heating, blow of the fans and inside of case on a regular basis. The next thing that I see is the two different cards your using, optimally you would want to use two identical card for optimal performance. There could be some sort of power struggle with the GPU's. Next, is your PSU powerful enough to run both cards? If not this could be causing your monitor issues.

PS, if you would fill in your system specs we can take a closer look at your hardware setup for better analysis.

Back
Top Bottom