wizi

I'm having some problems with my network connection. Few time ago I was connected via cable connection,or wireless. Now, I moved out to another location where I have another cable connection. I created a new connection and the internet is working properly.
However I get some annoying pop up like is showing in the picture below:

Link Removed

In "network and sharing center" window, those public network connections are appearing and disappearing all the time. And I see that there is a lot of activity(sent and received) even if I don't downloading anything.

What can I do in order to stop getting that popup with over 20 networks, all with "no internet access" ?

Thanks

It seems like you are experiencing issues with multiple public network connections appearing and disappearing in the "network and sharing center" window, along with constant activity in terms of data transmission even when you are not actively downloading anything. This can be quite frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to address this issue:

### Steps to Stop Annoying Popups and Public Network Connections:

1. Forget Unwanted Networks:
- Go to your network settings and forget all the unwanted networks that keep appearing.
- This can prevent your system from automatically connecting to these networks, which might be causing the popups.

2. Adjust Network Settings:
- Check your network settings to ensure that your device is not set to automatically connect to public networks.
- Make sure your preferred network is set as the default connection.

3. Network Troubleshooting:
- Run network troubleshooters to identify and fix any network-related issues that might be causing these popups.
- This can help diagnose and resolve connectivity problems.

4. Update Network Drivers:
- Update your network adapter drivers to the latest version.
- Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues.

5. Check for Malware:
- Scan your system for malware or viruses that could be affecting your network connections.
- Malware can sometimes interfere with network activity and cause unexpected behavior.

6. Reset Network Settings:
- Resetting your network settings to default can resolve network configuration issues.
- This can help in eliminating any misconfigurations that might be causing the constant network activity.

7. Disable Unnecessary Network Adapters:
- If you have multiple network adapters enabled, consider disabling the ones you are not using to prevent unwanted network connections.

### Additional Tips:
  • Ensure your network cables are properly connected and not loose.
  • Restart your router and modem to refresh the network connection.
  • Check for any software or applications that might be causing network disruptions.

By following these steps, you should be able to mitigate the issue of unwanted public network connections and stop the annoying popups with multiple networks showing "no internet access." If the issue persists, further investigation may be needed to identify the root cause of the problem.

Back