Windows 7 Multiple Users Problem

Chasef010

Hi. I've just registered to this forum because I've issued a problem on my Windows 7 computer. Well, this is what happened. I was making a new user on my computer for one of my family members. I had three users already made, and active. So this was the fourth one. When I made it, and logged into it... this is where the problem came up. It said exactly "Welcome.."
then a couple seconds later it said "Logging Out.." before it said logging out, it seemed like it started to show my desktop. Anyways, I restarted my computer to see if that would solve the problem. Before that, I checked if it said my computer needed updates. None were needed. After I restarted my computer, almost the same thing happened, but it actually went to the step of "Creating desktop files" or something like that, I'm not sure. But after it said that, it said "Logging Out" as it did before. After this happened, I deleted the user, I restarted my computer, then made a new user, restarted my computer again, and tried logging in. NO LUCK!
If you think you have an answer to my problem, PLEASE PLEASE reply! Thanks. :)

-Chase

Guys I really need this solved.. the warranty is almost up, I want to know if there is a solution or should I get a new one! PLEASE ANSWER!

I wish I could help, but I have no idea what might be causing a extra user account to be messing up your system. Are they all Admin users, or might some be standard?

Is there anything about the User Name that might be causing problems?

I have not heard of a limit on the number of User Accounts, but do you have plenty of space on the hard drive? If not maybe some other problem is keeping the system from logging into the new account. I assume you can still log into the other accounts?

Have you looked at the lusrmgr.msc dialog to see if anything shows up there?

I've found the solution. It was something about changing the name on my current user, then using that name for the other user. Thanks anyways.

Back