Windows 7 Music not working well...turning into a series of clicks

AHurd

So i installed windows 7 RC1 yesterday and everything has been great until i noticed that whenever i try to listen to music it will play for a bit and then it will turn into just a lot of clicks happening at once, im using the latest iTunes to listen to my music, but it has also done this for youtube videos and limewire

anyone else experienced this problem before?

Sounds like you have a driver issue there bud. Please fill out your system details and if you are using x64 or x86, and if it was a clean install or a upgrade install.

Intel Pentium 4 Processor
3.00GHz
3gigs of RAM
running the 32-bit operating system and my sound card driver is SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec, this was also an upgrade install

Not sure if you have tried Windows update or not but if you havent, try that. Are we talking a laptop here or desktop?
You could try uninstalling the driver from the device manager and reboot. Windows might find a new driver.
Have a look here at these modded drivers they might work for you.

i tried uninstalling the driver, that didnt work, and im running this on a desktop...starting to think i may have to format to get back to my vista

Give the modded driver I posted a go. If it works in Vista, you could try installing the Vista driver in compatibility mode.
If your going to format, try 7 as a clean install. You could also try a newer build if you were to do this.

yeah im trying out the modded drivers, they dont seem to want to install, windows keeps saying its not responding when its installing

AHurd, it is worth upgrading to 7 RC 2. My experience was I clean installed RC 2 {7201} and the audio drivers were already there and worked no issues at all. Then a few days later I clicked on "update this driver" and browsed to my Vista audio driver DVD that came with my motherboard (Integrated Realtek HD 7.1). All installed without errors and works no issues so far: youtube, media center, mp 3's, dvd movies. But I don't use iTunes though. So maybe try your Vista audio driver or the loathe's one by updating the audio system from Control Panel.

so i formatted my computer and now it wont boot off any discs...god dammit, ive tried booting off of my win98, winxp, winvista and the win7 and i get the same message everytime

Invalid system disk
Replace the disk, then press any key

any suggestions?

How did you format without being able to boot? Can you boot to that medium still ? was it a disc or USB thumb drive? You can't format C:\ from inside an OS at least i don't think so i've never tried considering that the OS is on C:\. Did you check the obvious like Bios boot order maybe it is trying to boot from USB.

i booted from the disc to format it, and now its not booting from discs anymore, its not even starting up my bios anymore...ive tried everything i can think of, even unhooking my harddisk to force a bios start, im starting to think that flashing the bios is all i can do, now if only i knew how to do that

Give the modded driver I posted a go. If it works in Vista, you could try installing the Vista driver in compatibility mode.
If your going to format, try 7 as a clean install. You could also try a newer build if you were to do this.
I think your right with the clean install loathe. I see these problems all over this board with Vista drivers that should be okay in seven and just don't work reliably when upgrades are performed. Makes me wonder if MS just didn't pay as much attention to the upgrade path for an RC since thay recommend a clean install on a stand alone test rig or at worst a dual boot.

Hang on, so you cant boot to the CD/DVD rom or is it you cant boot to your hard disk? Try clearing your CMOS, you can find out how to do this in your motherboard manual. Let me know if you need more help than this.
Or is the problem your system doesnt POST at all and you cant get to your BIOS settings? Can you please list your motherboard model.

i yoinked the mobo battery to set my BIOS settings to default and put a windows98 disc in, that worked so i guess ill just try the clean install from windows98 after its done installing

Back
Top Bottom