Windows 7 My computer will wake up at random times, but never right away.

brennan

I always put my computer to sleep at night.
Then during the night my computer will wake up, usually a good time after I put it to sleep.
I have checked my Wake on land, Mouse, and Keyboard. They are all set to not bring the computer out of sleep.

I set them via Device manager under the power tab, I un-check the power box. Then I come back the next day and all the boxes are checked again.:confused:

I don't know what to do, but this is becoming a huge issue having my computer wake me up at 3 in the morning.

Hi Brennan,

Have you tried changing the settings you can see in the screenshot?

K... I'll be back in the forum a little later so please let me know if you need further help..:)

I had a similar problem with Vista I think there was a task set in Task Scheduler to wake computer and send to MS. Try disabling Windows Error reporting and see if that helps. If it does then look around in Task Scheduler.
Joe

I figured out what is waking up my computer, but I don't know how to disable it.
s4166x.jpg

Have you checked your task scheduler? See if there's a task set for the media centre and disable it..

In the task scheduler you have to go to windows then windows error reporting and it's on the conditions tab. Another possibility is windows backup.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom